Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

working on the Bandit Resin's 1971 Plymouth Scamp....First thing I had to do was remove a 1/4 inch off the back of the car....As every photo I found of the real car shows the back end was way to long....I have that mod done....As for the interior....I cut down the AMT 71 Duster interior panels, Cut the package shelf off the duster rear seat....I still have to sand the sides a little....I'm using the 68' Hemi Dart interior without the console ,My Bench seat is a resin peice from Hart's Resin...Dash..76' Dodge Dart...The rest will be the 68' Dart parts..Wheels wil be from a 70' Impala.....They are VERY close to the optional one's offered on the A and B body's from 70'-73 , Now..318, Or Slant 6? Also...For the grill...I cutout the Duster 340 grill.and the insert from the resin one in the resin kit...Sanded it to fit snug....Now it looks ALOT better...And I have a chrome grill...A simple tip I thought I would pass along to anyone who builds one of these.....But that 1/4 mod is very important to make the car look right.

Edited by spkgibson

What kit is this. The grille looks really cool

This is not a kit. Everything is totally scratch built from sheet plastic with no commercial parts. There is build thread in the cars workbench if you want to look at it. There is also a link to over 400 pictures of the build on photobucket. :)

Kenn :rolleyes:

What kit is this. The grille looks really cool

This is not a kit. Everything is totally scratch built from sheet plastic with no commercial parts. There is build thread in the cars workbench if you want to look at it. There is also a link to over 400 pictures of the build on photobucket. :)

Kenn :rolleyes:

I just looked at the build thread and all I can say is WOWWWW!!!!!!!!

You know, the brand of the zils and the other russian die cast is " holding inkotekst" but with the russian business corruption in 90s i believe the company changed name a few times lol.

http://store.diecast.ru/product_info.php?products_id=334 here is a link where you can order them but the prices are crazy, most of my die cast i bought in Russia in Saint petersburg for like 5-20$ each at most, shipping them sucked but was worth it.