Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

I didn't get squat done today because I went to the MAGS (Model Associates of the Gulf States) held in conjunction with the Big Daddy Don Garlits Billetproof show at his museum. Once again, MAGS did a magnificent job of organizing and putting a terrific model car contest. Thanks guys - really appreciate it.

I didn't get squat done today because I went to the MAGS (Model Associates of the Gulf States) held in conjunction with the Big Daddy Don Garlits Billetproof show at his museum. Once again, MAGS did a magnificent job of organizing and putting a terrific model car contest. Thanks guys - really appreciate it.

I am officially jealous. I visited his museum earlier this year, it was my first time at the second museum in the back. What a great place and no trip to Florida will ever be complete without a stop there now. I would love to take in a show with it like you did.

Well fine on you, Ron. You come down to my neighborhood, stick around to visit Big Daddy's place with no consideration to stop and say hello to a fellow MCM forum member. The nerve of some people. Are you aware that there's a Taco Smell right at the entrance to Big Daddy's? You could have bought lunch.

It is a pretty cool place though, huh?

Well fine on you, Ron. You come down to my neighborhood, stick around to visit Big Daddy's place with no consideration to stop and say hello to a fellow MCM forum member. The nerve of some people. Are you aware that there's a Taco Smell right at the entrance to Big Daddy's? You could have bought lunch.

It is a pretty cool place though, huh?

Next time I will buy lunch! I was told they have purchased some land across the interstate to build some more museum. All the old drag racers want their cars in his museum before they die I guess. It is really crowed in the drag race museum now.

And there's a Connie Kaletta top fuel trailer sitting out on a drive apron to a shop.

Lunch ain't bad - 3 soft tacos and a cup of water.

Come on down anytime, Ron.

Hey Jim, I will take you up on that lunch. What is funny, that is the same thing I always order from Taco Bell. I found out recently they will give you a Senior drink cup for free. :)

This is my workbench as of Saturday night... Pretty basic but I have just gotten into this hobby a couple months back (My modeling experience is limited to the two cars you see on top).

DSC09510_zps246e428a.jpg

Lots of nice ideas to make it better by watching this thread.

Nice work area Juan....just a little too clean. lol