Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

QUAD TRIKE ON THE BENCH!!!

I should have this one done this weekend...

I painted the Engines with Tamiya Silver Leaf, then the Engine Blocks Flat Black and the Cylinders got a Black Wash...

DSCN0784Q_zps5fd5738d.jpg

From the side you might not notice the Extra Engine...

DSCN0838Q_zps180cd797.jpg

But when you see it coming up in your rear view mirror, there is no doubt...

DSCN0831Q_zps82a63842.jpg

The Gas Tank just fits in between...

DSCN0841Q_zpse20c5ff2.jpg

You will find the WIP photos in the "All The Rest" Section... B)

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2930-vi.jpgIMG_2990-vi.jpg

I have this Heller Citroen truck on the bench right now. I noticed that the box art showed a curled edge on the door opening, but the kit body didn't have it. With no photos of a 1:1 truck, I decided the curled edge looked better so I added it with Evergreen. The kit is way past this step now with most parts painted. I probably will finish up paint tomorrow and get to assembly this week.

This has become a habit with me - the annual NNL West Thrash. Trying to get my '34 Ford Dry Lakes roadster done along with scratching together a trailer for it to go with my matching '40 Ford Sedan Delivery I finished a couple of weeks back. Not much time left (it's next Saturday), but I think I might make it...

DSCF1395-web_zps1ce92825.jpg

Just been working on the base for my daughter's '85 GMC van as I wait for some PE windshield wipers to finish the build. I figured one lane of a road on the way to a Gratefull Dead consert would be right.

base_DSC3556_zps27c84991.jpg

Camera was being stubborn today and couldn't get windows to recoginize it to get the better photos off it. This was just taken at my desk off my newer cam.

Edited by Foxer

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_3036-vi.jpg

The money shot on my bench today. All three of these are very close to hitting the display case. My Dodge van camper is also at about this stage, all needing some very final details to call it done. I've never had this many cars being finished at the same time! There's usually months, if not years, between my completions!

Left to right:

Heller 28 Citroen Bordens Milk Truck - Fighting me all the way. Every time I touch it to fix something I've broke, I break something else.

34 Ford sedan - Pulled the windshield back out. Didn't like it. Will finish this one up tomorrow

Miss Deal Funny Car - Headers absolutely stink! I swapped in another pair that I had to sand and reshape to fit. They're molded in red plastic that kept bleeding through. So I finally painted them with flat black, then flat white to get it done. As I was putting the second one on the car (fished through the chassis) I broke off the roll cage. Headers done at this point. Will reassemble roll cage tomorrow, do the minor touch up and roll it off the bench!

Edited by Tom Geiger