Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C-800 Plow Truck

Thank's guys

No scratch work at the moment, But I did modify the kit wheels to make them look better. I sanded down the backside of the wheel till it was flush with the mounting hole molded into the back of the wheel, I made a peg on my dremel to insert into it, to get me a pretty true setup to trim down the wheel., I took a louisville wheel, and took out the center, and used the sleeve for the new 5 spoke wheel. I flipped over one of those amt trim rings and glued it over the sleeve. Bought some resin bolt heads from Ma's Resin and drilled out and sanded the old ones, added the ones on the flange that bolt's to the brakes...and here we have it. Yes I could have bought these...but I really like making and casting my own when I can.....I desperately need a lathe. :(

SANY00012-vi.jpg

Edited by RyanSilva

Wow thanks Chuck!

Even has the budd 6 holes on it that I cast..sweet! The next one will be a retired tractor..so this comes in handy, thanks!

No problemo! In fact, I'm going to have to order a set of your six hole Budds one of these days- I'm thinking of doing a model of that same truck in the photos.

The project isnt dead B) Just been a little busy casting and making some molds lately.

I did weather the wheels a little more, some of the crust on the front wheels I will remove, just a little.

I broke out some of my real rust powder to dust over them. Everything else is paint.

My bolts came today from tichy train group, so now the project can progress further :)

SANY00452-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

SANY00463-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

SANY00412-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything is fine :) Just been a bit busy with resin orders, have not had much free time, I'll be back on it very soon! :lol:

Hey Ryan, it's really lookin great!!! The weathering is awesome!!!

I sent you an email yesterday to that mustang (somethin,somethin) address. Did it make it to you?