Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C-800 Plow Truck

• 3 weeks later...

LOL it's a disease Chuck!

I'm back on this thing.. And Today I started the bed. Uses Don Mills diamond plate plastic, this stuff is awesome!

Still some filling and sanding needed, along with some under structure and lights to add, before I pull a mold off it B)

P1217057-vi.jpg

P1217059-vi.jpg

P1217058-vi.jpg

Thanks guys :P

I'm almost done with the bed..just a few spots to putty, some tail lights to add and some bottom reinforcements under the diamond plate.

It scales out to be a 8 feet wide by 10 feet long. Perfect for a short wheelbase crane truck if you use one of those italeri cranes.

P1227060-vi.jpg

P1227062-vi.jpg

P1227063-vi.jpg

P1227065-vi.jpg

P1227066-vi.jpg

P1227067-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been a while since I touched this :blink:

Ive been playing around with a better front axle. At the time I used what I had...

But now I have the trumpeter ALF kit to part out! (wheels suspension and tires)

the 4 wheel drive axle for the front, Its part trumpeter ALF suspension, and part louisville front suspension. Its nearly a direct fit for the Ford louisville chassis's from AMT. (dump,tractor and box truck)

The diff is nice and slim so it should clear most engine oil pans. It isnt replicating anything exactly, just a basic medium duty front axle (6,000-10,000lb). Its kind of a rarity in the resin world..aside from the KFS unit for doing a heavy truck.

I still got to build a transfer case and the axles and knuckles/spindles. Once those are done, I'll start pulling a mold off it.

Anyone know of a kit to serve a good base for a decent size transfer case?

P5249315.jpg

P5249328.jpg

P5249331.jpg

P5249336.jpg

Edited by RyanSilva

That little truck is going to be an AWESOME one of a kind build!!! I love those old Ford cab overs - the local packing house had a fleet of them when I moved here to this area and they were only driven in the summer! Talk about rust free!!! I admire your craftsmanship and determination - and creativity.. this will be one sweet build! Hang in there - don't lose focus and please keep postingthose pictures for the rest of us who do not share your talent or abilities. Guys like you inspire and challenge the rest of us! Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and experttise. :D:D

• 5 months later...

Hi Justin, I'll be back on it when it starts snowing up here in the northeast. Happens every year..it really gets me pumped up hehe!

I got a few changes to make to it, mainly with the suspension and chassis. Should work out well when I update.

Edited by RyanSilva

Hi Justin, I'll be back on it when it starts snowing up here in the northeast. Happens every year..it really gets me pumped up hehe!

I got a few changes to make to it, mainly with the suspension and chassis. Should work out well when I update.

Hay Ryan thats one very cool ford!!! looking forward to the finished truck Q where did you get the bud wheels and tires(with the new tread pattern)??? I would not mind getting a few sets for my upcoming projects.Thanks later PaulT