Model Cars Magazine Forum

789 Chevy

Sorry, but that thing is absolutely nauseating :P

There's a guy building a model of it on the SA board.

It makes for a much better model, IMHO...of course. What can I say...the car looks like it's trying too hard, it's a caricature. People either love it or loathe it.

I thought I hated it in pictures...then I saw one in person this year in Florida. Where's the little puking icon that we get on other boards? ;)

Can't. Unsee.

Well whether you like it or not i am still building it. I think its mother loves it no matter what she is..

And build it you should. Just because others don't like a particular 1:1 car shouldn't make someone who does like it not want to build a model of it if that's what they want. Some of my favorite cars are "love it or hate it" controversial. I generally love most new Ferraris, but I detest the new California.

I did mention here & there that the concept, IMHO..of course B) ...should make for a much better subject as a model than the real car.

I look forward to seeing your 789 model. What colors do you plan to paint it?

Build it! All that matters is what YOU think of it.

BTW, what color(s) are you going to paint it? Maybe the "Frankenstein" nature of the design could be diminished, if it was one color, vs. a two-tone?

Edited by Spyder

Well, as they say, to each his own, but I thought it was ugly with the top down,YEESH it's EVEN UGLIER with the top UP!!!!

Building one is scale looks like a challenge,but if your up to it, Go for it.Unfortunatly It WON'T get any prettier in scale,but as I said, to each his own. B):D

To me its like a milkshake that hasn't been completely blended correctly...but then some people like oddly shaped, unexpected lumps in their milkshake... ;)

I say "build it if you like it!!" Like most custom cars, people's opinions of them tend to be polarized towards love it or hate it.

Later,

Sorry, but that thing is absolutely nauseating :D

There's a guy building a model of it on the SA board.

It makes for a much better model, IMHO...of course. What can I say...the car looks like it's trying too hard, it's a caricature. People either love it or loathe it.

I thought I hated it in pictures...then I saw one in person this year in Florida. Where's the little puking icon that we get on other boards? :P

Can't. Unsee.

Here ya go Bob... 2.gif

On second thought, I'll join ya... 3.gif

B):blink::lol::lol: