Model Cars Magazine Forum

where do you....

I work for my local Hobby Town, so what ones I have bought lately have been there, otherwise it's Hobby Lobby or Micheals. Haven't been to a Meijer or K-Mart in a while and the WalMart, Target, Toy's "R" Us have stopped carrying them.

As far as online, I don't buy anything online...period, I prefer to support local retailers, their employees, and their surounding communities :lol:

Edited by Joe Handley

Online 95 percent of the time. The selection is 100 timesd better imo. Price isn't a factor even tho online is better probably. I like it cause in a half hour I can have my kits,paint,flocking,glue,photo-etch all coming from different places in half an hour. . Modelexpress,jimnohio,stradasports and scaledreams are at the top of my list.

I do go to LHS but they don't carry any aftermarket items which I really like using.

I'm lucky, a friend of mine can buy kits wholesale, as long as he orders at least $200 worth, so I get my kits from him at cost. Other than that, the local hobby shop, and Michaels, plus at contests or NNL's. I used to buy on-line but I just no longer have a need for that due to the sources I mentioned previously.

I have far more kits than I will ever need already, but such was not always the case. I only now buy the occassional new issue kit.

1. LHS's (There's 4 of them) I can get a kit cheaper there than ordering online. (IE. I paid $26 for the new Revell VW Bus, online shipped will run me about $30-$35)

2. EBAY, for OOP and some resin stuff

3. online retailers, usually for parts and wheels I can't get from Hobby Shops...

Edited by gasman

Mainly ebay for me, these's a few online store i shop at

1/ http://www.modelhobbies.co.uk/

2/ http://www.emodels.co.uk/

For tools and spares i go to

http://www.shesto.co.uk/

We used to have a model shop about 1.5 mile away, but that closed down many years ago, never did sell many car kits, even though they got asked to stock them, they said "There was no call for them" ?? the next one we have is around 7 mile away, and never has a great selection of car kits, so i only pop there now and again, to be met by the same un-helpful staff, thank god for the internet

Mostly online. My favorites are:

1. Evers Toy Store www.everstoystore.com --great for current and new Revell, Revell of Germany, and Lindberg releases, great customer service

2. Model Express www.modelexpress.net -- current and new AMT (Round 2), Model King, Revell, etc. Plenty of older releases from the 80s to today also.

3. Hobby Link Japan www.hlj.com My source for Aoshma, Fujimi, Tamiya, etc

eBay is my source for old kits, and occasionally some newer or recent issues I can't find at the above venues.

And I buy from plenty of other online vendors for resin and other aftermarket parts.

For LHSes,

In the Denver area, my favorite is Colpar's Hobbies in Aurora.

In the Phoenix area, I like Hobby Depot in Tempe.