Model Cars Magazine Forum

George sent me an incredible gift which I recieved today. When he read my "doldrum" post, he told me he would send me something "I might know about". WOW!!!!! What a gift! it was a 1/24 model of a Hughes 500 MD helicpter. This a/c is a later version of the one shown in my avatar. I had no idea anyone had built a 1/24 version of the helicopter.

I have two 1/32 models which I will build into copies of the ones I flew in VN. The new one, since it matches my car models in size, will be built into a civilian 500 D. I plan on painting it with my first fade paint job.

The amazing thing is, he did this without expecting anything in return. He should watch his mail.

George sent me an incredible gift which I recieved today. When he read my "doldrum" post, he told me he would send me something "I might know about". WOW!!!!! What a gift! it was a 1/24 model of a Hughes 500 MD helicpter. This a/c is a later version of the one shown in my avatar. I had no idea anyone had built a 1/24 version of the helicopter.

I have two 1/32 models which I will build into copies of the ones I flew in VN. The new one, since it matches my car models in size, will be built into a civilian 500 D. I plan on painting it with my first fade paint job.

The amazing thing is, he did this without expecting anything in return. He should watch his mail.

Yep, old George is a good guy.

Very cool of George! Good on ya, George!!

I built that kit, too. I was surprised to find a 1/24 helicopter, and had my LHS order one. Goes together pretty well as I recall. I did it with RCMP markings, along with the kit stripes. I had to use a small nail or tack, or something for the rotors, so they'd rotate smoother was the only thing I had to Macgyver on it, just to beef it up a bit.

Fella's THANKS for all the kind words. But if ya think about it, I don't think it's nuthin any of YOU wouldn't have done for a forum brother either. That's just one reason why I love this place, Most of the time it IS justa bunch of guys just doin what they love, talkin models an showin off their hard work. THAT'S WHAT it's SUPPOSED to BE like. The last few weeks were kinda nutty, but that's what happens when someone looses site of WHAT this place is ALL ABOUT! We don't need no name callin, or finger pointin, we just need to enjoy ALL the hard work Gregg and Harry have put into this place to make it what it is. I appologise for ANY part I had in the rukus, and Greggs put it all behind us, so lets get back to just bein one big happy OHANA and do what we do best, Talk,and show MODELS!!! THIS PLACE ROCKS!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

George is a real gent indeed.

I have asked the Queen if he could have knighthood and she said 'Yay,I will give him one'

Henceforth he will be known as Sir George of Allen Park.

Sir George,the leprechauns are holding a party in honour of you.So tomorrow Ireland will be closed.LOL

George is a real gent indeed.

I have asked the Queen if he could have knighthood and she said 'Yay,I will give him one'

Henceforth he will be known as Sir George of Allen Park.

Sir George,the leprechauns are holding a party in honour of you.So tomorrow Ireland will be closed.LOL

Pints of Guinness for all!!!

put it on Sir Georges tabtongue.giftongue.gif

Edited by MikeMc

Pints of Guinness for all!!!

put it on Sir Georges tab

So that will be 3000 pints of Guinness,1700 shots and 700 packs of crisps.The geezer at the end of the bar is picking up the tab......