Model Cars Magazine Forum

1990 dodge daytona

Jared Roach

well, I,m working on this on the side while I work on my camaro. I got lucky this week and found this and a 81 bronco. Well I've been wanting to do this for awhile but haven't been able to find this kit till now. It's the 88 daytona, which I'm going to make a 90, not very many body modifications needed but the interior has to be completly redone because(I don't know when they changed it, but the kit interior and the 90 is different)I've already cut off the lower body lip that was on the kit, shaved the vents on the hood, and still have to add a piece of thin styrene to get it exectly right. I'm still trying to find something I can do for the rims. Out of all the pics on the net, NOT ONE has the same rims, but my mom said she bought it like that, so I don't know.This one is going to be awhile though because I want it just like pics.

the pics:

sonoma222-1.jpg

sonoma266.jpg

sonoma267.jpg

sonoma261-1.jpg

how the body came:

sonoma215.jpg

sonoma217.jpg

sonoma231-1.jpg

and how it looks now:

sonoma269.jpg

sonoma264-1.jpg

sonoma263.jpg

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

Those are wheel covers (since you can see silver through the spokes), and they must not have been real popular. I did find them (or at least I think I did) at an online store that sells hubcaps though: http://www.hubcaps.org/daytona.html

It looks like the ones on her car are the spoked wheel covers, with the plain center pieces (that fit around the lug nuts).

Those are wheel covers (since you can see silver through the spokes), and they must not have been real popular. I did find them (or at least I think I did) at an online store that sells hubcaps though: http://www.hubcaps.org/daytona.html

It looks like the ones on her car are the spoked wheel covers, with the plain center pieces (that fit around the lug nuts).

Yea I thought the were hubcaps, yea it is the sport which is like the base daytona so they probly weren't very popular.

• 7 months later...

Wow it's been along time since I updated this, but I finally got some work done on this.

Like I mentioned before, the interior in the 90 was redesigned that year, so the whole interior has to be modified.

So I started with the kit dash and started to add styrene pieces to build up the general look of it. Later on I will add the details, but for now I'm just trying to get the basic shape.

sonoma552.jpg

sonoma557-1.jpg

sonoma559.jpg

sonoma580.jpg

sonoma578-1.jpg

Like I said I still have alot of work to do, but I am working on this one again and will update when I get more done.

Thanks for looking.