Model Cars Magazine Forum

I hate watching paint dry

Living in Bend I know you have a heater in your home.

What kind is it?

I have a sort of 'box' built over the heat register in my hobby room that I cure paint in.

It's about 90 degrees in there.

Even the top of a room is going to be warmer than the floor.

Find a source of heat and tap into it!

I'm one of the ones who watches the paint dry on whatever part i'm working on. Is there any product out there that will dry the part quicker? I dont have access to a dehydrator, although I wish I did.

Having more than one project going at a time helps to take your attention off one project, and focus on doing other things.

Hurrying is to me, the worst enemy to completing any type of project properly , including model buiding of any kind.

That aside, I think James idea really is pretty cool cool.gif .

Having more than one project going at a time helps to take your attention off one project, and focus on doing other things.

Hurrying is to me, the worst enemy to completing any type of project properly , including model buiding of any kind.

That aside, I think James idea really is pretty cool cool.gif .

I have to agree with Dave here. I have like 5 projects going on right now, to let the paint fully cure on all of them. I would love to have a dehydrator as that would cure them in a 3rd of the time but cant bring my self to stop buying kits to save up for one, so what i do is paint a project, go on to the next one and go back and forth until its done. this also helps me with getting modelers block. If i get tired of one project there are other ones to work on till there done. Thats just what i do however.

Darren

It can be hard to find the $$$ to buy a dehydrator. I bought mine at a yard sale. Actually I bought two as they were like $5 or whatever. Spring is (allegedly) coming soon, maybe give yardsales a try? People get things like that for gifts, but never use them, thus they make good yardsale fodder.

I bake mine, no really, I spray dupli color, and then set the build under a 40 watt bulb, on of course, clost but not to close, just enough to warm the build, then I use a 100 watt to cure bondo, well yea dupli color dry's in no time, but I do it this way anyway...

I will say lacquer and a dehydrator...If Zoom Zoom can do 24 hr builds then it will work for all of us!

He has done overnight paint jobs that are better than most of our better efforts...when time did not matter!!

Now I'm going to turn mine off , let the frame cool and after dinner time to start assembly!!!