Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Jairus Watson Artwork Challenge

Fletch

Are you going to do the 62 to look like the 61 in the first picture??

I didn't know if you knew they were 2 different years.

Thanks Dave

1st pic??? i'm doing the orange one which is a 62, well, that's what the info pac said!!

so, after further investigation, the JWAC car IS a 61 not a 62...hmmmmm

back to the drawing board....

Edited by weasel

thank you, thank you... i'll be here all week, try the veal....

never donnnned on me!!

so, any leads on a 61 body/kit?? lol

i was looking thru the Directory and saw what looks like only Lindberg made[and it was only showing $10] a 61 bubbletop[sS409 and Dyno Don]...

Well, I finally picked up my Tamiya 66 Beetle kit for the build. What a beauty. It's going to almost be a shame to have to customize such a fabulous kit. Oh Well. I guess I can always get another.....somewhere.....Uh, hey Fletch? You There???? LOL!

Now it's on to my own thread and massaging plastic. I finally have all of the parts I need to get started.

Later-

as i was lookin for some tradin stuff, guess what i found???!!! yep, SS409..

it's hell to get old...

61bubble002.jpg

Lindburg made the 61 and be sure to get a later one. The first ones had problems with the hood and they had to redo the mold.

hey Dave, how can i tell if the hood's messed up??

They changed the whole box art and yours is fine! The early ones were recalled for incorrect shaping of the front window glass which effected the cowel too. But the box art with the black fade on it is the good one. The boxes with the red stripe and white background are considered to be "RECALLED" by Lindberg (soon to be valueable, NOT) ;)

Not that there is that much wrong with the "bad" one. I have two and they are fine for custom projects, in my opinion.

Nothing...that is likely what will occupy the space between the front tires!:)

Or maybe I'll fit a Ford powerplant under the hood...:P

(too many 32 Fords with Chevy small blocks running around...)

Edited by Tony T

I finally got a chance to get mine started last night while we were watching TV. I sanded all of the trim off of the body and filled all of the handle holes. Not much else beyond that, but it's a start. I would have posted pics on my own link but the batteries in the camera were dead. Got more batteries today but now I have to go help a buddy put flooring in his living room. Always something. Look for them tonight. (I hope)

BTW- Fletch- Have you sent out the snail mail packages yet? Haven't seen mine yet.

Later-

update on mine bough this kit today now 5 areas need work the rims :D the hood ( i do have the trans am style scoop for it)the chin spoiler and the exhaust and this little nub at the back of the roof i know what it is just need to get rid of it :huh: but other then that this kit is nice it has no engine in it and for a AMT kit the fits are amazing.

DSC00021.jpg

Edited by moparfan426

ford zetec out of a focus ;)

Eelco...perfect...you got two of them? 4 cyl ain't gonna cut it!! 8 cyl minimum!!:D

fine

ill slap it in my 32 ford

seems i wont need it anymore since Ken graciously donated a correct AMT 34 highboy that will need a chop and will be ready to go

thanks Ken