Model Cars Magazine Forum

80 Ford F250

Grzegorz

I have a friend building Emergency Vehicles and has since the sixties . I must say , you have nailed the prototype . You have done your research . He works on an Ambulance and has since 1968 . You did your homework . Well done . Thanx .. B)

Having scratch built a few of these I have do say WELL DONE!!!!!!!! only thing it needs is a side door but the body looks great and the decals and lights are spot on fo and early 80s rig... Keep up the good work!!!!

thanks to you like, I question whether all these ambulances were a side door?

thanks to you like, I question whether all these ambulances were a side door?

Im shure there are some out there with out a side door as these can be built custom to what the buyer wants... Check out Road Rescue ambulances web site for CAD drawings http://www.roadrescue.com/ http://www.roadrescue.com/uploadedFiles/Products/Product_Specs/Promedic%20Ford%20F450.pdf .. as the basic body style had no changed on these since the late 70's

Edited by chrismooney

• 9 months later...

Always nice to see an ambulance built, and you have done a great job.

As far as the side door, yes that is seen on most, but I've seen at least one without. We had a late 70s surplus military ambulance similar to yours used as a Search and Rescue truck and it didn't have a side door.