Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442

MrObsessive

B)

Yes, I must agree with the others here,

it is a pleasure to see your work1

And You do deserve your name as well,

"Mr. Obsessive!"

Great work, really like your attention to detail, it's the little things that count,

and look real impressive on a killer build!!! :lol:

Thank You for sharing

Later

Russ

:lol:

Guy's while talkin with Jeff an Kevin last nite at our club meeting, they were tellin me that Eric(Porky) might just stop casting CAR bodies, caz he's not sellin many of them, and he might just go over to doin Trucks (Semi's) We CAN'T let that happen! Anyone notice what the price of a 64 Cutlass or 64 Falcon goes for on the Bay?? We can't let QUALITY castings like these just fall by the wayside just because no one wants ta pay for the resin kits! C'mon guys, they're REALLY nice, Affordable(VERY) and practically just FALL together. If ya wanna go nuts like Bill, the base is there, just watch Bill's build up. But if yer lazy like me, these kits are HARD ta beat for the price! Eric went thru ALOT of hassle to get them for us so the least we can do is to buy one, or two, ta keep him doin new ones. I'd hate to lose such a GREAT car caster to the trucker guys! These kits are REALLY nice!!! Try one I GAYRONTEE you'll like it, and be happy, an ya might even get ANOTHER one fer your ol Ma!!! ( and SHE'LL tell ya wat i nice kit it is!!!!

Does Eric have a website? if so, can you please post an URL? I for one will try to give him some support.

Shox, if you ain't never seen Bill build before, you are DEFINATELY in for a treat! He's NOT called Mr. Obssesive for nuthin!!! Imp, I got Eric's E-Mail addy for ya if you still need it, it's eric @ ppvintagekits.com He's REALLY a COOL guy ta deal with, and you WILL NOT be dissapointed, his work is FIRST rate! Hope this helps.biggrin.gifwink.gif

Thanks for the nice words and encouragement so far fellas! I didnt' get a lot done this week..............had some family issues to deal with (Dad was ill), and I was out of town all weekend and just getting home a couple hours ago.

Now I'm totally beat and I'm soon off to bed! I took tonight off so I wouldn't have to deal with going in on third shift on a Sunday night. It's back to normal tomorrow night, and so hopefully I'll have more to share later this week. :)

I hope Eric does continue to do cast cars! His castings are definitely Modelhaus quality as I saw nary a pinhole or badly misshapen part anywhere!

Does Eric have a website? if so, can you please post an URL? I for one will try to give him some support.

Eric has decided to concentrate on his truck resins and has passed the molds for the 1964 Cutlass and Falcon to Kenny at Bandit Resins. I don't think they are on the Bandit Resins website yet, but you can email KDog at kdoggraphix@bellsouth.net.

Eric has decided to concentrate on his truck resins and has passed the molds for the 1964 Cutlass and Falcon to Kenny at Bandit Resins. I don't think they are on the Bandit Resins website yet, but you can email KDog at kdoggraphix@bellsouth.net.

Thanks. I'll check the site and watch for the kits/ Respectfully, Gary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE DID IT GO?

I know what you're saying. There are so many threads on "Workbench" about "WIP" projects that get stalled or delayed or go nowhere or whatever, and keep you hungry for the next installment.

I almost wish that instead of "On the Workbench," we had a category of "Build Journals," where the step-by-step building process could be outlined and nothing would be posted until the model was finished.

On the other hand, I can think of certain topics posted by a modeler who has never shown a finished product, but whose painstaking custom work on tiny bits and pieces has been tremendously instructive.

Anyway, it's summer, and people go away for a while. Who knows?

Edited by sjordan2

• 4 months later...

Mr Obsessive, hope you don't mind but I was following this WIP and it inspired me to get a resin '64 Cutlass and have been working on it since. Here is what I have so far. Started with a Bandit Resins kit and AMT '66 Cutlass and went to town on it.

64Cutlass.jpg

64Cutlass2.jpg

• 1 year later...

I am an Olds guy and just found this via link from an Olds forum. First, not to be nit picky but the closest thing I found to a '64 442 air cleaner is to take 2 4bbl '65 GTO air cleaner, cut the snorkel off one, shape it a bit and stick it on the other. The Toro air cleaner is too big and flat. Also, you could use the '66 442 conv for a correct 4bbl intake and you get the a/c set-up as well to compliment the a/c firewall. The hardtop 442 has the a/c firewall but no a/c which I have yet to find a nice non a/c firewall to replace it. I built the R&R '65 442 which was my first resin kit and man, what a pain it was, I pretty much mirrored what is being shown here, putting the '66 under it and it took a bunch of work, even more with the ideas I kept coming up with, it didn't turn out as nice as the '64 but it is a decent representation of a '65. Also, here is a pic of a correct '64 442 air cleaner to get ideas 644421.jpg2011-07-23195848.jpg2011-06-19173847.jpg

Edited by 66 olznut