Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Your Favorite Looking Domestic Engine

I would have to say my favorite would be the Chevy 350.

I like opening a hood and seeing that air cleaner decal...

350 Turbo Fire

245 Horsepower

I can still picture it from my mothers 72 Nova

that she had bought new rolleyes.gif

Yeah...the '67 Camaro SS 350 sticker claimed 295 HP...but they've changed how they measure HP over the years...

And we have a winner. King-Kong has arrived.

Even though HEMIs aren't as exotic as they once were, they still have a mystique about them, and if a HEMI is good, A DOHC HEMI is better, no? :D

I've always liked to Ford SOHC engine, too, which is still very unique looking to my eyes. I think any engine with a timing chain as long as the SOHC's has got to be in the discussion. ;)

The 59AB Block Flathead Ford with Offy Heads, and 3 Stomberg 97s. An Ardun Head converted Ford Flathead with a Scott blower and two Stromberg 97s.

The Early Dodge 241ci Hemi with tri-carbs.

Early Nailhead Buick!

Early 331ci Caddy.

283ci Chevy Small Block!

CHEERS!

I too will have to go with the Chrysler Hemi (in any of its' guises). Why? Because it is the one engine recognized around the WORLD based solely on sight; and carries the stigma of being a serious horsepower mill. It does not matter what group of car lovers you are in, mention the word HEMI and all ears perk up (either love them or hate them).

Modern engines......probably the DOHC 4.6L Fords and the Caddy Northstar line. Caddy because they are compact and tightly designed, and the DOHC Ford because it just looks so dang cool (and both the caddy and the Ford can look Hemi-ish with the right valve covers).