Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

This is amazing work, and I'm enjoying every step. The one thing that keeps hitting me in the back of the head is the name, Rommell. I know it's spelled slightly differently, and likely pronounced differently, but all I can think of is the WW2 German general, Erwin Rommel, known as the "Desert Fox." I say that we have have a new successor; the "Custom Fox!" Aftashox, the Custom Fox. No excuses...my brain wanders too much! :D

Hey I like that LOL! my name is close to the famous General pronounced (RO-Mel) and spelled with only 1"M" Romell alot of people have mistakenly pronounced it Rommell I dont mind tho. ;)

Edited by Aftashox

I don't know how I missed about the last two updates on this. That is one TALL induction manifold .. the 1:25 and 1:1 look fantastic. I love the linkage on the carbs .. amazing work! Not only a ton of detail on all this, but it looks perfect! I know how hard it is to not detail like a madman when the real one is out in the garage.. and I'm so glad you CAN'T stop it. :)

I haven't looked at this thread in two days and all this has happened !!! Wow your really bookin' it :) I'll have to bookmark this thread, cause theres so many things I have learned lokin' at it. Thanks not only for building this awesome car, but for telling us how :)

Thx fellas , but thats what this forum is all about "ENCOURAGEMENT" my build may encourage you to build, but its truely you guys that encourage me to keep it up. So thx again for the "ENCOURAGEMENT" ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Aftashox

dude your skills are AMAZING can you tell us how you built them A-arms ? i mean you are buy far the best builder i have ever seen in a while :) and those springy things lol

Thx for the compliment Moparfan but I am by far not the best modeler around there are soo many I look up to here in the forums that have far better skills than myself, Mr Obsessive, Scale-Master, John Teresi,TreeHugger Dave. These are just to name a few, and im still learning. as far as the A-arms go Im the type of modeler whos sees shapes and materials, the A-arms were made from piano wire that can be brought at your local hobby store, and very then sheet metal(also bought at my LHS) these were also my first attemp at welding parts together with solder. Oh and I also used brass tubbing. I know this doesnt tell how I made them as it is rather complexed and it would probably be easyer for me to do a tutorial on it. Hey maybe i'll put one together. Anyway thats enough of my jibberish, I hope you have a great day! :)

Thx for the compliment Moparfan but I am by far not the best modeler around there are soo many I look up to here in the forums that have far better skills than myself, Mr Obsessive, Scale-Master, John Teresi,TreeHugger Dave. These are just to name a few, and im still learning. as far as the A-arms go Im the type of modeler whos sees shapes and materials, the A-arms were made from piano wire that can be brought at your local hobby store, and very then sheet metal(also bought at my LHS) these were also my first attemp at welding parts together with solder. Oh and I also used brass tubbing. I know this doesnt tell how I made them as it is rather complexed and it would probably be easyer for me to do a tutorial on it. Hey maybe i'll put one together. Anyway thats enough of my jibberish, I hope you have a great day! :)

I am looking forward to it dude keep up the great work

the model is looking awsome,got any updated pics of the 1/1,,,,,jr

Trust me if the 1:1 was home there would be some update pics, but as my body man is a lazy jerk I dont have my car yet. but stay tuned and i'll have something for ya soon :)

LOL! thought I scared you or something! Um thx for the compliment :D

Only thing scary is how good you are :blink: ( only thing scarier than that would be goin up against you at a contest ;) ) Seriously though this is awesome and the compliments (from me and others) are WELL DESERVED!!!!

Only thing scary is how good you are ;) ( only thing scarier than that would be goin up against you at a contest :D ) Seriously though this is awesome and the compliments (from me and others) are WELL DESERVED!!!!

Even scarier would be sitting in the 1:1 when it's finished??? Lol this is a super looking build keeps me looking back and checking 2 or 3 times a day. Love it

Am tuned lol. One eye on here other on the footy. As am

a scot and not English Im looking for anybody but them to

win. Ha ha. Na only joking my wife is English so I got to want them to wim. USA doing good too. Anyway al be watching for the updates. Not had my "fix" for the day

That is a serious build man. Keep up the good work. This has given me inspiration to build the two 58 Chevy's I want to build once I get my Rod shop off the ground. One is a 4 door cruiser like I had in high school (and I am only 32 :lol: ) with a triple carbed hi-po 235 blueflame I6 and a 3 speed an the tree with OD. The other is a 2 door SC with a twin rotrex supercharged EFI 409 backed by a 6 speed and a Halibrand Quick Change rear.

That is a serious build man. Keep up the good work. This has given me inspiration to build the two 58 Chevy's I want to build once I get my Rod shop off the ground. One is a 4 door cruiser like I had in high school (and I am only 32 :) ) with a triple carbed hi-po 235 blueflame I6 and a 3 speed an the tree with OD. The other is a 2 door SC with a twin rotrex supercharged EFI 409 backed by a 6 speed and a Halibrand Quick Change rear.

thats some serious weaponry there son be careful you dont blow the doors off someones ride LOL i wish you well with that Rod shop and thx for the compliments Romell B)

well heres the update i promised ya, I was able to get the racing harnesses completed and on the seats. Im gonning to show you how to get a more realistic looking belt.

I start with the Racing harness kit by Detail Master, they make a really nice kit and you can use the kit by itself and have some really nice harnesses but if you want something a lil more detailed then try this....

seatharness001.jpg

Instead of using the black tape material that comes with the kit I use medical tape from Johnson&Johnson it has the same texture as the real racing harnesses and it looks great once your done. Just check it out for yourself and you tell me what you think.

seatharness002.jpg

First layout a few strips of the medical tape on some plastic like a sandwhich bag,then use the patterns that come with the kit, place the patterns on a few strips of the medical tape and continue to follow the kit instructions untill you get all the belts cut out.....

seatharness003.jpg

Once all the belts are cut out, dont remove any of them yet first you have to color them the color you need. I need black belts so I used a black Sharpie, You can also use a blue, red, green, or whatever color you need. be sure to use a sharpie because it actually dyes the tape the color your using, and you dont end up covering up detail with paint. (plus paint gets hard)

seatharness004.jpg

seatharness005.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Now start trimming up your belts and putting your parts together. Look at how good these more realistic belts look compared to the black tape stuff that comes with the kit. Oh and the plastic bag is still on the back of you belts if you pull it off now you have self-adhesive belts and you can apply them however suits you. well let me know what you think.

seatharness006.jpg

Heres the finished seats enjoy.... B)

seatharness008.jpg

seatharness009.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

the belt tip is very interesting ;)

any problems with the thickness of the tape and the plastic bag together going through the slots? i've mangled a few sets of harnesses trying to assemble them :lol:

Dave

Not at all Dave it slips right tru just make sure your diameter it correct B)