Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some Ideas for R&R Resin - please add your input.

I just sent Steve at R&R an email with several ideas for resin kits.. Here's a part of the email with the list.. Maybe if enough guys lend support to some of these, he will be kind enough to consider adding them to his catalog.. What do you think?

Just looked through your Ebay auctions and your website.. I have to commend you on offering an awesome assortment of kits! However, there are several kits that are not available that you mighy want to consider producing -

1959 Chevrolet 4 door station wagon - ideally the low end Brookwood and top of the line Nomad with the Impala trim. The '59 2 door wagon would be a good place to start on these.. The 4 door Brookwood would make an awesome fire chief's car or mundane grocery getter.

1959 Chevrolet four door sedan - in any trim level - Biscayne, Bel Air or Impala. Again, a prime candidate for a fire chief's car, police car or taxi....

1959 Chevrolet ambulance. They did make them and the Ghostbuster's ambulance may yield some good ideas as to how to modify an El Camino or two door wagon.. I see many other years of GM cars as ambulances - the '59's and '60's remain largely forgoteen though.

1960 Chevy four door wagon..

1960 Chevy four door sedan.

resin alternate grilles for your '72 Ford pickup - from '67 through '71.

So what would you like to see in resin form? Feel free to add to my wish list...

Yep, GOTTA give Steve the BIG thumbs up! One of the NICEST guys I've had the pleasure of dealing with! GREAT GUY!

But yeah, he just SELLS castings, he DOES NOT cast them! Ray Parsons is the guy who casts for Steve. Ray is suffering from a desease that causes hin a great deal of pain, an tends to keep him down quite a bit of the time. On the days he's feelin better, he does what casting he can. He doesn't make his masters either, from what I understand, he has other guys do them and he casts them. He comes to the toy show at MCCC quite often an I talk to him when he's feelin ok. If he's not, you'll KNOW it. He told me the last time I saw him that he was looking for someone to take over R&R as he feels too bad to keep at it. I sure hope someone does take it over, as he DOES have some REALLY cool stuff. It ALL needs a little work, but sometimes he's the only game in town!!!smile.gifwink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Modelhaus does a '59 Brookwood wagon

Thanks but I already have the Brookwood - it's a 2 door version,, I'd REALLY like to see and have a couple of 4 door models. Brooklin Models has a couple of versions of a '59 four door wagon in die cast but it's the wrong scale.. they have lots of four door models so obviously there ARE people who like and want them. It would be nice if the resin people would get with the program.. I know it costs big time to create a master and take it to production but with some of the prices crowding $100.00 for a kit ( by the time you add in shipping ), it sort of suggests that there are people out there who will buy unique stuff just to have it. Just my opinion - and maybe I am wrong.. just thought I'd throw it out there. :D

Guys R&R Doesn't take requests for new stuff,He only casts what he has done,well over 250 different items,And it is a 2 person operation,How do I know this? I have been to his shop many of times,As I live 15 miles away from him!So posting wants for R&R is a waste of time,If you want the cars metioned bad enough,Make the master for it,and someone would gladly make it for you,But it HAS to be flawless!Sorry to burst everyones bubble,As they do make ALOT of interesting subjects!But I wouldn't be expecting anything listed any time soon!

Ray has possibly the coolest light truck kit EVER... the '56 (actually a '57) A-100 Golden Jubilee Custom International. It's a bit crude by today's standards, but it's the only IH light pickup I've ever seen in 1:25 kit form (it was based off an old promo). I only have one at the moment, but I have several more planned in the works!

Edited by Chuck Most

Gary, Impcon ............ uh M C M finishes does an outstanding job of their 1962 Pontiac Tempest Station wagon and it's a complete kit ! You would do well to check out their 2 door post conversions like their 65 Chevrolet Biscayne and their 62 Pontiac Catillinia . Ive seen a lot of their stuff and it's first rate product .Model Car World finishes , Ed sez 4 hubcaps ! Ed Shaver

• 2 weeks later...