Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coffee & Cars

Pete J.

I know many in SoCal know of this automotive phenomenon which is known as Coffee & Cars. It happens every Saturday morning from 7 to 9 in a parking lot just north of the split of the I5 and I405. A bunch of people who happen to own interesting cars show just show up and spend the morning talking about cars and having a cup of coffee and a roll. The interesting thing is that you could travel the worlds museums and not see as many eclectic and unusual cars as randomly show up here. If you are anywhere in SoCal on a Saturday morning it is three hours well spent. Here is a mix of some of the photos I took this weekend. Enjoy

440 Cuda with a Murcielago!

440cuda.jpg

Two Italians and a German

3inarow.jpg

One of WO's best

WOsbest.jpg

Extraordinarily rare Mercedes from the 'benz restoration facility in Irvine. The red one is a mid engine.

3raremercedes.jpg

Donald Healy's 100

healy100.jpg

Dodge Power wagon anyone?

powerwagon.jpg

Martini rules!

Martini911.jpg

One of 8 rows. How many can you name?

lineup.jpg

Mercedes drop top

merc2drdroptop.jpg

Hot rods? Sure!

Hotrod.jpg

Yea, it happens every weekend. This was a good but not great weekend. Stop by if you're in the neighborhood.

Edited by Pete J.

Pete - it's actually known as Cars & Coffee and yes there are always amazing cars there!

Dave, you are of course right, but I can only afford the coffee, so that is what I go for first. The rest is just drooling! By the way, what is the the nomenclature of the red 'benz? Great pictures. I need to go by there someday. Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...