Model Cars Magazine Forum

I got this from another group...

Ed Sexton has been hired back to head up product development at Revell.

Not only is this news great for Ed, it's great for all modelers as

well as Revell and perhaps signals a positive change in the economy.

I hope all of you who know Ed personally and even if you don't know

him, will extend your congratulations to Ed and his family…welcome

back Ed!

Great news for Revell. Makes me wonder if the recent job posting for that position, with the ridiculous "will not pay to relocate" was just a corporate HR department ruse to competitively "search" for a viable candidate all the while knowing who they were going to hire.

But I have to wonder...how much of Ed's influence at MRC was behind the announced Academy Cobra Daytona coupe kit, and wondering what the ramifications are, if any. That's a true holy grail for many modelers...an affordable and good Cobra Daytona coupe.

Given Revell's upcoming new releases, (vintage midgets & Funny Cars, among others), as well as the good new & modified reissues. (72 Cutlass, new Dodge Challenger, etc.), we've been getting since Hobbico took over, I'm not sure what you mean?

Revell is the only domestic model company that's given us anything new for several years now.

:lol:

I agree Bluesman. Having Ed back is the icing on what I already consider to be a pretty tasty cake LOL

Say goodbye to your stock steelies and hub-caps, the age of DONKS and California Wheels has returned!!!!! B)

Nah, I'm just kidding, really, though I did like the direction Revell was/is heading in, I wish Mr. Sexton all the best in his return to the job. I hope he's able to focus more on Product Development now and less on the day-to-day of running the company.