Model Cars Magazine Forum

I was riding my bike past an ongoing garage sale. The people are moving this weekend, so they are running every day until they move. As I was passing I noticed some old magazines, so I thought that I'd stop and check for car ads. While there, I spotted some models. Most were exotics from the seventies, which are not things that I'm usually interested in, but I went ahead and asked about them. I was told that they'd been trying to sell them for almost a month, and nobody was even looking at them. If I wanted them, I could have them for $5.00. There were 11 of them, and I wasn't sure how I was going to get them home on a bike, but I snatched them up.

Then things really got weird. They started handing me things like a tackle box filled with model paint and tools. Then came a case, like what one would carry a laptop computer in, and it was filled with spray paint. Next came the fairly socket set with a lid that wouldn't close, but I was able to tie it shut. At this time, I'd found some string, and I was busy tying things to anything that stuck out. I have paniers (spelling?), but they quickly overflowed. At this pint it was already established that I was walking this conglomeration home.

While I was cinching and hooking, I got to talking with the people at the sale, and they stated that they were in the Coast Guard, and were moving. I made the mistake of mentioning that two of my sons were in the Navy, and they asked if they built models. They asked what kind, and I said ship models...big mistake... One of them walked into their house, and came back out with four big battleship models, and said for me to give them to my sons. Now as if the poor bike wasn't suffering enough already, I had to find places to tie those big boat model boxes on. I got it done, and there was barely room for me to squeeze around to walk the bike, and I'm sure that I looked the a bag lady, but for $5.00 for all that, I'll look like a bag lady for two miles. I almost forgot about the eight magazines that I rolled up and tied onto the handle bars, and they didn't charge me for.

I second the pics, but can you also post the bike with all this on it?

I second the second on the Pics, not sure about the bike part, though! :D Come on, let's see this steal!!!