Model Cars Magazine Forum

Phoenix IPMS National Convention

Gregg

Here are all the table shots from today's show at the IPMS Nationals

Pete Johnson won the Model Cars Magazine Pick for his incredible 935 Porsche

IPMS Table Shots

It was a great show!!!!

Good to see you and spend (a little) time with you, my friend. Been awhile.

OMG! :) That shirt makes me look fat! :) Makes me look 100 lbs heavier than I am! :lol:

Pete's Porsche was nothing short of spectacular. Good pick!

See you again in April at Desert Scale Classic 7! Hint, hint. :)

Mahalo nui loa. :lol:

I was able to attend on Thursday, I got there early and spent all morning roaming among the vendors' tables and just having a good time. There wern't many contest entries set up on Thursday, but I was quite impressed with what I saw. The automotive entries were fantastic, but the bulk of the entries on display were military, aviation, etc., and I enjoyed all of it. Let's face it, a good model is a good model and of everything I saw on those tables, "good" was at the lowest end of a scale without any apparent upper limit.

I also had the opportunity to meet Gregg and some of his staffers in person. It was a true pleasure to meet the "man behind the magic" as it were, and to thank him personally for all the work he does to advance and promote our hobby and give us misfits a place to call home on this forum. Thanks again, Gregg!

Thanks also to everybody who had a hand in planning, operating, promoting and supporting IPMS 2010.

Regards,

David G.

First of all, thanks to all of you for you kind words. Gregg, I was very surprised to walk in on Saturday and see your award. It really means a lot coming from you. Thank you. There were a lot of really nice models to pick from. The Cayman and the GT1 both had spectacular finishes. I would not have wanted to have been responsible for deciding which was the best. There were some really nice bikes on the table. I guess I should pull one out of my stash and see if I can do it justice. Very nice pieces. Kind of a different split for the awards in bikes. Bikes painted green and bikes painted yellow or red. :lol::D:lol:

I have no idea how they judge armor and aircraft. There are so many entries that they really have a chore.

Of course the best part was renewing old friendships and meeting new people. Every modeler you meet has something new that they can teach you and are only a step away from become a new friend. Great things contest, especially at this level. If you have a chance you should go, even if you don't put anything on the table. Super opportunity to get the creative juices going again.

First of all, thanks to all of you for you kind words. Gregg, I was very surprised to walk in on Saturday and see your award. It really means a lot coming from you. Thank you. There were a lot of really nice models to pick from. The Cayman and the GT1 both had spectacular finishes. I would not have wanted to have been responsible for deciding which was the best. There were some really nice bikes on the table. I guess I should pull one out of my stash and see if I can do it justice. Very nice pieces. Kind of a different split for the awards in bikes. Bikes painted green and bikes painted yellow or red. :lol::D:lol:

I have no idea how they judge armor and aircraft. There are so many entries that they really have a chore.

Of course the best part was renewing old friendships and meeting new people. Every modeler you meet has something new that they can teach you and are only a step away from become a new friend. Great things contest, especially at this level. If you have a chance you should go, even if you don't put anything on the table. Super opportunity to get the creative juices going again.

Pete,

It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Would that it not be the last time our paths cross.

That Porsche of yours was nothing short of spectacular! I studied it until I got a headache ... three times! Beautiful work and it certainly personified the IPMS theme of "The Art of Scale Modeling."

Thanks for bringing it and your other works.

Dan

Pete,

It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Would that it not be the last time our paths cross.

That Porsche of yours was nothing short of spectacular! I studied it until I got a headache ... three times! Beautiful work and it certainly personified the IPMS theme of "The Art of Scale Modeling."

Thanks for bringing it and your other works.

Dan

Dan - I do hope our paths cross again. If they do I'll buy you a beer. It would be great to sit down and swap stories.

Pete, Simon,

It would be a real hoot to get together with you guys in April 2011 at the Desert Scale Classic 7! However, that probably won't work. Pete hasn't been here yet for DSC, and Simon burned the town down when he was here last year! There may still be some warrants outstanding! LOL.

You guys would love each other's work! You both build incredible sports cars - Pete in 1/12 scale and Simon in 1/43! (I glue together snapkits in 1/25.)

Simon, we missed you at IPMS.

Hope to see both of you again sooner rather than later.

Pete, Simon,

It would be a real hoot to get together with you guys in April 2011 at the Desert Scale Classic 7! However, that probably won't work. Pete hasn't been here yet for DSC, and Simon burned the town down when he was here last year! There may still be some warrants outstanding! LOL.

You guys would love each other's work! You both build incredible sports cars - Pete in 1/12 scale and Simon in 1/43! (I glue together snapkits in 1/25.)

Only trouble is that at the rate I build it will be 2013 before I have another one ready to go! :lol: Seriously, I will have to get to work on an old 1:24 scale piece that has been sitting on the back burner for over 10 years. I realy would like to get it done. It is a Tamiya Mercedes Le Mans car in CLK naked lady livery. Lots of detail to do on it.

Jajajaja, thanks Dan for you kind words. I was also a really kool get together with all you guys there.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Pete, Simon,

Does any one have the winners list? A link to it?

Simón P. Rivera Torres