Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Corvette Stingray Roaster

Darin Bastedo

This was just a quick build to have something ready for the Bay's Mountain show today. It has Cobra Colors Fiji Blue paint, and the only modifications I made was opening the side vents, scratch-built side pipe covers, lowering it and adding the Model car Garage Photo-etched set.

IMG_0850-vi.jpg

IMG_0852-vi.jpg

IMG_0854-vi.jpg

IMG_0856-vi.jpg

IMG_0857-vi.jpg

IMG_0861-vi.jpg

IMG_0862-vi.jpg

Good looking Corvette! I have '67 Roadster too and now lots of more inspiration. Your paintjob looks great, good details on the interior and specially I like that 427 Turbo Jet- badge on the front fender. Perfect choice for wheels and tires you did!

Very Sweet Ride, nice color too. Is Cobra Colors still in business?

Thanks, I had fun building this one. As for Cobra colors I'm afraid that Leon Closed up shop a few years ago. Hopefully he'll come back as his stuff was top notch. If you want to replicate this color though, I didn't realise until I took this picture that ford has almost the same color available as you can see on my brother's 2009 Ford Ranger. I bet you can get the touch up paint from the parts dept.

IMG_0833-vi.jpg

Mike is....with or without MTV.

The original shows were hilarious...It'll be interesting if they can re-capture the same feel and comedy the second time around. Sometimes remakes just don't do as well, but we'll see if things pan out. Might be fun to watch.

I liked the King of the Hill stuff...."Hank Hill" was actually a spin off character from "Mr Anderson" on the B&B show.

hank hill...

hank-hill-1.jpg

tom anderson

882013-tom_anderson_large.jpg

Edited by J. Sauber

Nice work, congrats with the award.

Now people are trading barbs over exotic cuisine here? :unsure::(

I'm not sure about "trading" Barbs, but you can "purchase" Barbs at most well stocked aquarium centers/tropical fish stores. [some places may accept trades however if the fish are in good and healthy condition. You'll need to check with your local retailers to be sure however..]

Theres several kinds of popular Barbs for instance,

tiger barbs

large-tiger-barb.jpg

green tiger barbs

green_tiger_barb_090427_w0360.jpg

And the common tin foil barbs..

Minnow282.jpg

I'm not sure they would be much use to you as far as exotic cuisine goes...They are rather small and likely wouldn't be very flavorful. They are primarily used in tropical aquariums, not cooking.