Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about an Ugly car contest?

I found these recently. I hope you retain your lunch.

Isn't this racy? I have no idea what sort of econo-box it started as but it is not an improvement!

ugly-vi.jpg

It looks like doors 2 and 3 are suicide which I would certainly commit if I was seen in this thing! The nose looks like U-Haul colors! Who will haul this away?

ptlimo1-vi.jpg

Isn't this racy? I have no idea what sort of econo-box it started as but it is not an improvement!

ugly-vi.jpg

It looks like doors 2 and 3 are suicide which I would certainly commit if I was seen in this thing! The nose looks like U-Haul colors! Who will haul this away?

ptlimo1-vi.jpg

This is Your brain on drugs,.......any questions ?

I about lost my lunch with that first thing, and that would be a major feat since I haven't even eaten lunch yet!! :( Of course, the truck is cool in my opinion! It must just be a trucker thing! :lol: I would drive it, but I would definitely need to get rid of the U Haul/junkyard camo look. I would say that started life as a U Haul 24 foot van, and a paint job would do worlds of wonder for it! I think it's nice an old workhorse gets a second chance at life, and I may be biased in that opinion, since my daily driver was also a workhorse in it former life! :D I have a 1990 Ford F350 dually that started its life as a tow truck!

Well, that first abortion will be pretty tough to surpass….it truly is just this side of seasickness. But as real production vehicles go, I think this is one of the ugliest things on four wheels…..I have to avert my eyes when I pass one on the street….I mean, for such a simple design, a box mounted on a rectangle, you would think it would be difficult to mess up….congratulations Nissan I think you found a way.

nissan_cube3-03.jpg

I realize that many liked the Pacer…it was a practical little car with a larger door on the passenger side for easier access to the rear seat, but really, 1979_amc_pacer_02.jpg this is a face that only a mother could love.

I also realize that many liked the AMC Matador and the Datsun mini clone of it, I am sorry, as designs go, I always found this difficult to stomach. Too heavy in the back and way too much stuff going on all over the place on this one.

5519d1211169362-ugly-cars-08-1974-amc-matador-xrt.jpg

How about the Datsun F-10? To this day it makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth……talk about dead fish stinking up the place! CC-50-066-800.jpg

But I think GM has to take the honors. Think about this for a minute. GM has one of the greatest design heritages ever. The tri 5 Chevy’s. The Corvette. The Pontiac’s of the 1960’s…any and all of them….the ’65 Bonneville is one of the most beautiful cars ever…..long, flowing and perfect. All of the great concepts from Earle and Mitchell….in light of all of that, GM gave us the Pontiac Aztec. The Aztec and it’s almost as ugly Buick Rendezvous…in the words of John McEnroe…..(to really get this right, you must say this line loud and with an air of disbelief and belligerence in your voice….) â€You have got to be kidding me!!!†02.pontiac.aztek.f34.500.jpg Tell me, what were they thinking here? When you think about it, it is no wonder Pontiac disappeared. Come on, think about the heritage……GTO’s…all of them….Bonneville’s….all of those too…the 1960’s Gran Prix’s…….Firebirds and Trans Ams….and these guys, after all of those classic road worthy gems gave us the AZTEK???? How they lost their way.

The Pacer... kinda quirky, sorta cute... by no means ugly.

The Matador... to my eye actually pretty cool!

The 2 Ferraris... not a huge fan of either, but I can't say they're ugly.

I'll give you the F-10. Badly proportioned, stubby and stumpy.

The Aztec? Ugly Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

I also realize that many liked the AMC Matador and the Datsun mini clone of it, I am sorry, as designs go, I always found this difficult to stomach. Too heavy in the back and way too much stuff going on all over the place on this one.

Actually, apart from the federally mandated bumpers, I find the Matador to be a very crisp and clean design.

I wanted to post a picture of the Datsun that I think is a clone of the AMC Matador so I had to dig one up….along the way I found this beast, I mean a literal “Beast†of a car. A rolling gargoyle….too much

phantoms_car.jpg

This is the Datsun S10, which I think is basically a rip off of the Matador. If you were going to risk a law suit for stealing someone else’s intellectual property, why the Matador?

S10.jpg

Maybe its just me, but I don’t get it. Harry, I realize that some find the Matador and maybe the s10 Datsun kinda cool, but the Matador is just so "heavy" looking to me...heavy and over the top. And as for the Pacer, I am sorry but that is not an attractive face...no how, no way. But like they, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....one man's pin up is another man's put down.

ugly-vi.jpg

[ I think the vetter rear ended car started as one of these if you look at the roof line pass window and mirror and the back window. Also the 4 lug hubcaps. my89accord.jpg

Sorry, but but I just keep finding more! Should we have a sub-category for “Asian cars�

104266-vi.jpg

16664-vi.jpg

JAPANESEVANanother-vi.jpg

Are you happy to see me, or is that some ugly protrusion on the front?

Big20Nose-vi.jpg

So ugly, it MUST be photo-shopped!

140inch_wheels-vi.jpg

My newest company car:

Received_03_09_2009181226-vi.jpg