Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fresh Paint

envious8420

I started on this one Friday evening.

This is one of my all time favorite kits, I could build one after another.

wheels are from some diecast kit. paint is all lacquer including the clear.

A tuned port 383 will reside under the hood with a turbo or 2?

100_9857.jpg

100_9853.jpg

100_9852.jpg

100_9851.jpg

100_9850.jpg

100_9849.jpg

:)

Paint has yet to be touched. Expect a Showroom Shine.

Edited by envious8420

I dont care for the size of them either, I want something similar but smaller (at least in the rear).

I'm not sure, but I think the Revell "California Wheels" 56 Chevy Nomad had custom wheels very similar to those. I know this is not the greatest of pics, they were in the plastic and it was before I learned how to use the Macro on my camera, but these are the ones I think came from that kit.

HPIM1648.jpg

The bad news is I have already traded them. Sorry! :D Hopefully you might find someone who might have a set.

I'm not sure, but I think the Revell "California Wheels" 56 Chevy Nomad had custom wheels very similar to those. I know this is not the greatest of pics, they were in the plastic and it was before I learned how to use the Macro on my camera, but these are the ones I think came from that kit.

HPIM1648.jpg

The bad news is I have already traded them. Sorry! :D Hopefully you might find someone who might have a set.

With a little bit of sanding these wheels will fit inside 23" Pegasus aluminum sleeves. Might be worth checking in to. This is too cool of a build to have the distraction of too large of wheels.

Wow Jim great job on that paint! looks really familiar just cant seem to put my finger on it LOL! I do agree with the others about the wheel choice though. I do have some of the California Wheels that came with my chevelle if you want them there yours, just let me know and I'll get em in the mail to ya. Keep up the outstanding work my friend. Romell :D

Ha Romell, I didn't realize how similar they are. Hope you dont mind.

Here are the trunk grapics too.

Mind!! :o Are you kidding im flattered man! :P Its a great paint job, youre kickin butt on this build keep it up. I love that kit too by the way. B):D

Jim-

Great looking build. I have a similar build going that I need to get back onto. What suspension are you planning? I am using the suspension from the 37 Ford and trying to convert it to an airbag setup. Still not satisfied with it so, there it sits. I am planning a similar paint scheme. Black and red. Keep it up and I'll be watching to see how yours comes out.

Later-

I ended up with the wheels from the 55 pro sportsman kit for now. I'm not finding anything else I like that is cheap or free, Ive been looking at the various aftermkt sets, no luck so far.

Do you want a more pro touring wheel combo or skinnies in front and wide in back like what's on it right now? Let me know and I'll see if I might have something you like.

Do you want a more pro touring wheel combo or skinnies in front and wide in back like what's on it right now? Let me know and I'll see if I might have something you like.

With this motor combo, I'd say more of a pro touring, but really I'm open to any ideas at this point.