Model Cars Magazine Forum

I Call Her Black Sunshine.........

moparmadman829

this is my current project not 100% sure of the year but its a mid 70s mustang II(the mpc firefighter mustang to be exact) but I decided to do my version of the white zombie black sunshine mustang heres what I have so far.The color is colors by boyd Black and blue Pearl. the interior which I will post seperate pics of little later is done in grape pearl with yellow triming. the engine at this time is a work on progress but is gonna be a 427 just gotta decide on the top end if I run the blower I have for it I will have leave the hood off. or can go the stock look to the engine and run the dual quads that will fit under the hood.. but heres a few WIP pics let me know what ya think and what ya would change if anything all ideas welcome...

Picture040.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture041.jpg

This is a 1974 mustang II I know because it was my very first car my mom gave it to me when I turned 16 she purchased it new off the showroom floor and we had it untill I trashed it a year after I took ownership. Anyway nuff said about me....your off to a great start and I cant wait to see what you do with it. I'd keep the hood cause it makes it look mean other than that do your thang my friend. :)

Edited by Aftashox

• 2 weeks later...

A couple shots of the interior bucket its near complete still need to add the center council, NOS tank, shifter, and seat belts, also the tach and other gauges.engine shots are yet to come am having some issues finding exhaust manifolds that will fit in the engine bay with the 427..

Picture045.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Good start! These MPC Firefighter Mustangs and Twister Vegas are quite bad kits... Very, very simple chassis, everything is moulded to one piece and those parts are not looking how they look on the 1:1 cars. But interior is quite good, parts fit and they are not so simple as chassis parts... Bodys are good ones, there are nothing to complain. But: These both cars have too small engine, now I'm not meaning cubic inches, I mean the size is too small! My Vega has a blower and big block Chevy but it fits almost like under the hood!!! On the 1:1 Skyhawk (both are H-Bodys and Skyhawk has performer manifold from Edelbrock, and a little aircleaner. It just fits under the hood... Vega has a blower and it comes just a few millimeters through the hood...! I would say, that changing engine would be a good idea...

From What I've come up with the car is a 77 or 78 with a 74 Front end. Apparently ford moved the gas filler during the run and the location of it on the FF is in the later position Buttttt this is a drag car so who to say the nose aint been changed I like it looks like ya have added quite a bit to this little car

• 3 months later...