Model Cars Magazine Forum

S2000

Cesar Bossolani

This is my fast job in a S2000. Except the rims is OOB. I did a little modification in front and rear arms to lowered the car. The color is Evolution Orange, coated with Uretane High Solid clear. Tamiya Z-tune wheels and tires. Turned shifter, acetate in dashboard, seatbelt hardware from Mr. Model, House of Kolor Kosmic Krome in rear end, Shocks, exaust system, brakes, etc...

chassis_01.jpg

chassis_02.jpg

chassis_03.jpg

chassis_04.jpg

chassis_05.jpg

chassis_06.jpg

chassis_07.jpg

chassis_08.jpg

chassis_09.jpg

Cesar Bossolani

Great model, great photo tutorial on fixing a common paint problem without the usual "I messed up and have to strip the paint" emotion that plagues 99% of car modelers.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I think you should restore the finish to full gloss. The whole "matte finish" thing is just a passing fad...works for a few show cars, is terrible for 1:1 cars (common scuffs that can easily be buffed away? Forget it...car must be repainted). When the fad is over you'll be left with a model car that is very dated. I have a few custom/street rods built in the early '90's, and finished them using early '90's paint schemes...and they look kind of silly now. Go for "timeless".

Great model, great photo tutorial on fixing a common paint problem without the usual "I messed up and have to strip the paint" emotion that plagues 99% of car modelers.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I think you should restore the finish to full gloss. The whole "matte finish" thing is just a passing fad...works for a few show cars, is terrible for 1:1 cars (common scuffs that can easily be buffed away? Forget it...car must be repainted). When the fad is over you'll be left with a model car that is very dated. I have a few custom/street rods built in the early '90's, and finished them using early '90's paint schemes...and they look kind of silly now. Go for "timeless".

Bob thank you very much. I'm following your job a few years ago in the others boards and SAM. I'm really love your work and your kind of words to me, its a best award to won for any modeler!

I agree with you in whole "matte finish" thing is just a passing fad, but I'm build cars since 1998 I think, and all my models are polished and shined. So, I'm looking for something different to my glass display.

I really hope don't disapoint you, but I'm building 2 import cars and they both will be matte. The orange S2K and a Nismo GT-R 34 will be black with Nismo graphs. I hope to finish the couple in this week to compete on IPMS Campinas on next sunday. I'll post tomorow GT-R w.i.p. pics.

I'm planning to build a '33 ford roadster in matte gray also.

Thanks guys to very cool posts...

I have a little update.

In the first mock-up, I was used Nismo Rays wheels. But today, in final mock-up I was decided to change rims to Rays Volk Racing CE-28 19" from Aoshima. Chassi was done a few months ago, all Tamiya... so, the following pics are from wheels modifications in my lathe to fit in Tamiya disc brakes.

roda_01.jpg

roda_02.jpg

roda_03.jpg

roda_04.jpg

roda_05.jpg

I hope you like it, all feedback are welcome!!!

Cesar Bossolani

Edited by Cesar Bossolani