Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi, from Essex , UK

Hi guys , sorry but i have been on this forum a few weeks now , but i never actualy said hi , and how much i love the forum , its great to see everyones work and i have to say it gives me insparation to build all sorts , i havent built anything for about 4 years now and just got back into it , anyways hope to post pics of what i have made (albeit nowhere as good as you guys) and use this site to help me improve :)

Hey Peter,

Glad to have you with us, don't be shy, look around, post comments, post pictures when you are ready. I hung back at first too, just taking it all in but the more I comment or ask for help, the more fun I have here. Lots of cool models and cool people, brouse around, welcome aboard and have fun!

Mike

Hey Peter,

Glad to have you with us, don't be shy, look around, post comments, post pictures when you are ready. I hung back at first too, just taking it all in but the more I comment or ask for help, the more fun I have here. Lots of cool models and cool people, brouse around, welcome aboard and have fun!

Mike

Cheers Mike , will do , i've just taken a few pictures of the Sierra i've just finished and to be honest now i can see it on a PC screen , its pants , god my eye sight is bad , it looks good when not via macro on a screen lol , i feel ashamed to post pics B)

IMG]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/peterandria/Car%20pics/DSCF6489.jpg

post-6718-12822902399795_thumb.jpg

Hello, I'm from Essex too, also not built a model for a lonnnnnng time. At the moment I get by looking in here, posting a few pics of models I have built when I come across them(most are in storage)

There are builders here of all levels, some well known from the magazines and international modeling world, you can learn something from everyone so enjoy the site like I do.

John

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply, let me give you a tip that has helped me out so much. First, get a hands-free magnifier, I got one from Micro-mark, wear it like a headband, that has helped sooooo much. A light is good, but when you sand, let's say over the sink, you can wear the magnifier. Second, try to get some good sanding material and a polishing kit when you can. Beauty supply houses, Micro-mark again, hobby stores and automotive stores will have resources for you, seeing your work and slowly sanding any rough edges and seams, then getting a smooth finish before priming and painting is the key. Keep looking around here, far better people than myself post helpful painting tips, read and enjoy.

Hope this helps you as it did me, have fun.

Mike

Welcome to the board, Peter. There are a lot of talented folks here on all building levels. I've learned many things here, and you're always encouraged to ask questions. Mark Taylor's "Back to Basics" thread in Tutorials is a great place to start, even if you've been building a while. Consider it a refresher course. Have fun, because that's what a hobby is all about!

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply, let me give you a tip that has helped me out so much. First, get a hands-free magnifier, I got one from Micro-mark, wear it like a headband, that has helped sooooo much. A light is good, but when you sand, let's say over the sink, you can wear the magnifier. Second, try to get some good sanding material and a polishing kit when you can. Beauty supply houses, Micro-mark again, hobby stores and automotive stores will have resources for you, seeing your work and slowly sanding any rough edges and seams, then getting a smooth finish before priming and painting is the key. Keep looking around here, far better people than myself post helpful painting tips, read and enjoy.

Hope this helps you as it did me, have fun.

Mike

cheers for that , i have seen the head visor here in the uk , and i think i will go down that route , its cheaper than a magnifing lamp , anything to help my degrading eyesight, as ive only just started wearing glasses after 38 years of not lol, i do have the micro-scale sanding set from when i did it last time around and it is amazing , with that i got best paint at show when i enterd a '57 chevy , at a model comp during the NHRA meet , in Essex , i was well chuffed , i wish i had pics of it , but it was a few years ago

Edited by MrMondeo

Welcome aboard. Like you I haven't built anything in a few years, ( 35 or more ) and have just gotten back inot modeling.

This is a great forum with a lot of really great builders. The beauty is they are willing to help those of us that are talent challenged.

By the way, a good friend of mine lives on Walney Island

Edited by prg5609

Hey from up north lol. I'm in Scotland. This is a great site, where did u het ur siera I like it alot!!!!!!!!! Welcome ahoy u will love it here. :rolleyes:

Hiya , the sierra in the piccy i got from a guy on the XR owners club , he had built it but had hand painted the body, so i preped it, sprayed with white primer , then it all reacted , it spent three days in DOT 4 brake fluid , cleaned her up and started again , i still have another unbuilt XR4i kit waiting to be done properly from the start, that one ive had in the loft for years :) they do pop up on ebay every now and again though