Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats your favorite brand of car?

I've had this on my mind for awhile and thought I would ask you guys what your #1 Favorite car brand is and what type of car you like(sedan, coupe, truck etc...)?

and maybe your dislikes too?

Me I like pretty much anything that is from GM and Chrysler and older fords(pre-1980) and I like muscle cars, fullsize trucks, and my favorite are minitrucks lol

I hate japanese cars, I have respect for em, but still don't like them one bit.

So whats your favorite type and brand of car?

Gotta say, Chevy S-10 (94+) is #1. Coming in at a close 2nd is 98-03 Dodge Durango. Then for Fullsize it's 99-03 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Dually and 88-98 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Dooley. As for cars, I loved my 2002 Dodge Intrepid (before the engine crapped out on me), and I'd still Love to have an 05 GTO in Canary Yellow with black and yellow leather.

Edited by grimreaper

I've had this on my mind for awhile and thought I would ask you guys what your #1 Favorite car brand is and what type of car you like(sedan, coupe, truck etc...)?

and maybe your dislikes too?

Me I like pretty much anything that is from GM and Chrysler and older fords(pre-1980) and I like muscle cars, fullsize trucks, and my favorite are minitrucks lol

I hate japanese cars, I have respect for em, but still don't like them one bit.

So whats your favorite type and brand of car?

Your tastes pretty much mirror mine - except that I am not fond of mini trucks.Like you, I am into the older domestics ( read that as North American manufactured and assembled ) and my first true love is the '59 Chevrolet. Actually, I like most pre 1980 domestics and while I love convertibles, for practical use, it is hard to beat a full sized wagon or Suburban. Sedan, hardtop, convertible, wagon, El Camino, Ranchero, Suburban or truck - I like almost all of them. As for brands - they all have their good points and their weakness's but though we seem to drive Fords mostly, I actually prefer GM products. This a good subject........ should be interesting reading.. maybe you should do this as a poll...... :unsure::lol::lol:

I like cars that seem to be built by people that LIKE cars. That has led me to buy German and Japanese vehicles more than anything else. My first concern is the ride and handling. Floating is not in my vocabulary. That pretty much leaves American cars on the floor. I know they have improved in this category a lot in recent years, but they still don't understand compliance. Just take a Porsche out for a drive to know what compliance is all about .. good handling that doesn't take your teeth out.

I like power, but it isn't necessary to have an over powered car to be fast. Most of the cars I've had came with 4 cylinders and a good many I considered fast. My current G37 Infinity is probably excessive ... 330 HP that puts most old muscle cars to shame and it's only a V6.

Just don't all hate me.. :unsure: I still love ALL cars!

Edited by Foxer

ANYTHING THAT RUNS!!! :):D:lol:

Seriously though, I'm a Ford man, born and bread! I was still in diapers when I was under the hood of my brother's (who was 16 years older than me) Mustang. I have two Fords in the driveway right now, my 1990 Ford F350 4x4 Diesel dually, which is the daily driver, mainly because the other, my better half's 1990 Thunderbird is slowly rusting it's way to the junkyard. The years have treated my dually much nicer, that might be why it's still running! :lol: The T-Bird, between the rust in the unibody and the swiss cheese that used to be the rear lower control arms, not to mention the problems with the engine, just isn't worth trying to save, at least not for me.

Of course, I have had many different vehicles through the years, from GMs to imports and even a Freightliner truck, and have loved all of them. I'd love to still have the Freightliner, though. There's just something about cruising the town in a largecar!!! :lol:

Favorite brand?

WIth so many, it's hard to choose one.

If money were no object, my favorite is the Bugatti Royale, the Coupe Napoleon. Last time this car changed hands, it was 14.9 million.

Next up, anything pre-70's from England. Austin Healey 100S would be the favorite, or the 100M, followed by the Aston Martin DBR1.

Then the ones with the little horses on the side, pre-65.

and then my daily driver when the sun's out, my 67 Healey 3000 Mark III, phase II BJ8. The red car behind mine is a 100M.

DSC_0175_2.jpg

Bugatti, Duesenbergs, and Millers!!! Since I will never, ever, be able to afford any of those I have to say Porsche , VW and real MINIs - you know the English built little ones, not those oversize BMW produced ones they sell now( I like them, too!) I like and drive Japanese cars but wish they had a bit nore personality and soul. They are getting better in that category but they don't stir my love for cars like others do.

What will I never want to own or will never like? Mid 70s and newer GM and Chryslers! Mostly just awful stuff there with a few rare exceptions.

Anything built in America, oh, wait the Honda is built in Marysville.

Ok anything made by Ford, Chevy and Chrysler before around 1970.

But especially those made before 1950.

I'm partial to Pontiacs having had several of them but I like and can appreciate pretty much anything. There's nothin' classier than a Duesenberg! Or a 540K! Or a '57 Bel Air convertible! Or an XK-120! Or a Speed-8! I love Nissan Skyline GT-Rs as well. You get the picture.

Edited by Tonioseven

I have no preference for Brands, But there are certain Models I would prefer from each maker.

As i get older my taste and needs change. As a teenager small and Quick was my ticket. (I still Like a Compact with a Manual). Now with a family and pets, I look for Mid-size or Full size rides as the compacts don't have the room to keep up with the needs of the family. I still like a quick car, Unfortunately they are just not available to fit my needs and budget.

I still prefer older vehicles, because I can fix just about any problem that comes my way.

I like 50's and 60's muscle cars, all of them. I lean towards the Chevy's though, my favorite

is the 67 big block Corvette. I also like the cars of the late 20's and 30's, Duesenberg, Cord, Auburn,

Rolls, Mercedes, Alfa and many more, the styling is just fantastic.

Ford and it's 'daughters', Mercury and Lincoln.

It's funny, a few of my buddys and I were talking about this subject a few days ago, and they all know I'm a Ford guy, and they were asking about all the GM, Mopar, and import models I've built. Huh. Guess I'm a "Model Car Guy" first, and a "Ford Guy" second! :lol: