Model Cars Magazine Forum

Twisted Insomniac 69 Nova Sleeper

Romell R

Hey fellas this one started out as the Revell 69 Yenko Nova. I wanted to do something a lil differant than my usual so I beat it up with a 10lb sledge hammer on the passenger side. No im just kidding. Anyway the motor is a Ross Gibson 502 Chevy big block with dual turbos from forum member Shucky (loved the turbos shucky Ol boy) its completely plumbed and wired. It has a ford 9 rear end hooked up to a four link. The interior has been weathered and there a hidden rollcage. If you would like to see the build just check this link http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33737 otherwise I hope you enjoy the pics. :o

underglass001.jpg

underglass009.jpg

underglass002.jpg

underglass003.jpg

underglass006.jpg

underglass007.jpg

underglass008.jpg

underglass005.jpg

The End......or is it? :lol:

Edited by Aftashox

ok, big man... two issues.

A car with that level of aftermarket firepower under the hood would never be a junker.

And the vinyl roof is way too shiny.

Other than that reality check... nice work! B)

Its not a junker its a sleeper, and I feel ya on that top Harry im gonna weather it. :lol:

Edited by Aftashox

SO the owner owns stock in Armor all B)

Killer looking Nova

Love the Engine, by far the Coolest looking engine in a sleeper. EVER!!

Great looking steelies with hubcaps all the way around..

Body looks fantastic, Looks like he scraped the rails. or drive thru :D

BTW: whooo whooo.... swwwwweeeeeetttttt... :lol:

Love your builds Man...

I really enjoyed watching this one being built, especially the mini-tutorial on simulating body damage. Too many times I see what should be collision damage looks like a bunch of melted plastic. I guess the only way to make something look like banged up metal is to start with metal. Good job! One thing I am not getting is the vast difference in the front and rear track widths, as well as the rim sticking out so much from the front tires. A much narrower track on the rear works great on an off road vehicle but would cause massive oversteer on a street "sleeper". If there is a reason for this (and I haven't seen you goof too often) let me know, that way we could all learn something.

I really enjoyed watching this one being built, especially the mini-tutorial on simulating body damage. Too many times I see what should be collision damage looks like a bunch of melted plastic. I guess the only way to make something look like banged up metal is to start with metal. Good job! One thing I am not getting is the vast difference in the front and rear track widths, as well as the rim sticking out so much from the front tires. A much narrower track on the rear works great on an off road vehicle but would cause massive oversteer on a street "sleeper". If there is a reason for this (and I haven't seen you goof too often) let me know, that way we could all learn something.

Well Eric on a tubbed vehical such as this one cornering is not an issue because it really made for stright line racing ie. stop light to stop light or the 1/4 mile. The shorten rear axle has alot to do with it also. And your correct the tires on the front just need to be pushed in a lil, I never glue my tires to the rims just incase sight adjustments need to be made. Thx for your compliment buddy and that sharpe eye for detail. Romell :lol:

Well done!!!!!!! I like the one side damage - very realistic and within tasteful, realistic limits! Some times the damage and evidence of a hard life on a car is over done.. yours looks pretty real although I do concur with the vinyl roof being pretty shiney. or did you just treat it with a liberal coat of Armour All?? :lol::D

WOW!!! I really enjoy the pictures! Very nice conversion work, that crashed door looks amazing. Engine is looking like 1:1, engine looks autentic and that detailing is awesome! Interior looks very good and that chassis is very nice! Thank ypu for sharing this, keep these coming. You are pro builder. :lol:

Wow, very cool, I would hate to meet up with this one on a dark street.

One thing though, is this suppose to be a sleeper? Because your thread title indicates that it can't sleep...

Steve

Riddle me this Batman what would a "Twisted" insomniac be? :P ...... A sleeper! :rolleyes: