Model Cars Magazine Forum

Future project...1969 Nova

My 1957 Nomad build got me thinking of this one too. The box art on the AMT Old Pro Nova was very inspiring...

amtertl6556a-vi.jpg

As cool as the drag car was I always wanted to build the sock version...

IMG_4119-vi.jpg

Unfortunately the wire axle and the muli-piece front end made the end result not quite as pretty as the picture. Again it's Revell to the rescue!

IMG_1677-vi.jpg

The correct wheels for this build can be found in the El Camino bass busters set

IMG_1678-vi.jpg

Do you guys have any builds you want to do, that were either too difficult when you were young, or a newer kit has made it easier?

AMT boxart misleading?

I got the "Pintera" kit, what a neat illustration of the concept.

Too bad the parts to convert the stock Pinto don't look nearly as good as the illustration. Not. Even. Close.

Let's just say it got put back in the box...for a later date. Or decade. Or whatever. :)

AMT boxart misleading?

I got the "Pintera" kit, what a neat illustration of the concept.

Too bad the parts to convert the stock Pinto don't look nearly as good as the illustration. Not. Even. Close.

Let's just say it got put back in the box...for a later date. Or decade. Or whatever. ;)

That's a shame, because the box art model looks pretty cool. Well, at least as cool as an "Italianized" Pinto possibly could... B)

If these are the wheels from the El Camino, they are wrong for the Nova. The wheel is correct, but the center cap is wrong. The Nova had this style cap MVC-151S-2.jpg

That's ok, to me it's close enough to the bax art for my liking. This isn't exactly going to be a contest winner, just something I've wanted to do since I was a kid.