Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Chevelle SS Pro Mod WIP (Updated 3.26.14)

hOLMS

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jeff... I ran across a pic of a '69 Chevelle Pro Mod... can't remember if it was at the races or a car show... probably a car show anyway made me think of this project that you are working on and thought I'd share....

scan0005-1.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Hi all...Finally starting back up again this week on the chassis. Made some more progress on the firewall, structural panels and 4-link brackets. Hope to have some more progress soon. Thanks for looking!!

000_0027.jpg

000_0028.jpg

000_0029.jpg

000_0032.jpg

000_0038.jpg

This is looking real real GOOD! Nice work bro.

• 2 years later...

Hi all, picked this one up for the first time in over two years, I have started at least 5 projects since this one. I could not put it down...so, let the mods continue while taking a brake from the Camaro and finding a good motor for that project.

I had this one in a descent spot, just not descent enough for me to accurately represent current pro mod designs. Chop, cut, rebuild...repeat! I'm making some pretty significant changes...extended/narrowed nose, brand new fenderwell treatments, adding a little bit of curvature to the rear profile and probably replacing grill and hood. Just a major overhaul, hope it turns out well and don't mess it up....I cannot put it down so it will be one or the other.

Thanks for looking and my goal is to finish something....someday, lol.

090413_zpsbbd6b23f.jpg

090413-2_zps1dce0524.jpg

Some updates for this week. I included one shot that shows the 4 stages of development so far. The last one compares newest update to previous update.

1 - New grill and nose area, still very rough, much to do to finish this off

2 - Change up the hood, still undecided what I will do to finish that, probably extend a lot close to front of nose.

Next, frt and rear fenderwells are not right, they need some attn. Then, some flaring here and there. We'll see where this part of the journey leads. Thanks for commenting and looking in, means a lot to me!

exp1_zps6121e9d3.jpg

exp2_zpsf844725d.jpg

exp3_zps16f6280b.jpg

exp4_zps50cefc3d.jpg

Hi all...been at it pretty good when possible, work has slowed a tiny bit.

Let's see, several big items I've been working on....most visibly the top which gave me a totally different feel for the body.

After reviewing the lengthened profile over and over, I felt a lower, stretched out top may be better suited for this. First was the chop, I'm not sure how much I lowered, at least 1/8". Brand new A-Pillars have been made and extended app 3/16" where they meet the hood along with a new shape for drivers-side window opening....I have not got around to passenger side yet.

I have reworked the frt and rear wheel wells, they are close but will need more trimming for flaring inside and out. Currently I am rebuilding the rear window cutout and shaping the blend into the flares that raise/taper upward on top of rear fenders. I will be reworking all window openings, close to halfway done on that process.

Not much different about the nose, though I have started some faint hood work, unsure about the direction thats headed in. Its a totally different beast now, gotta go wild to hang with the current p/m designs. I like them all, just enjoying pushing my limits....whether it works or not, it has still been a great 2 year journey to this point.

Thanks for looking in!!

-1_zps2797ad61.jpg

-2_zps441c2279.jpg