Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Chevelle SS Pro Mod WIP (Updated 3.26.14)

hOLMS

Thanks for the comments guys....excellent motivation. I hope to post some new pix tomorrow of the chassis progress and it's marriage to the underside of the body, turned out really good, I think. I took the time this past Sunday to clean/trim/smooth the inside of the body, really needed it because of all the body mods.

Brett....Though I do like both materials, I do find styrene a bit easier to work with than the brass and will use it more in the future. There is a good bit of materials needed just to join brass together and can be extremely tedious and time-consuming.

Thanks for the comments guys....excellent motivation. I hope to post some new pix tomorrow of the chassis progress and it's marriage to the underside of the body, turned out really good, I think. I took the time this past Sunday to clean/trim/smooth the inside of the body, really needed it because of all the body mods.

Brett....Though I do like both materials, I do find styrene a bit easier to work with than the brass and will use it more in the future. There is a good bit of materials needed just to join brass together and can be extremely tedious and time-consuming.

Hi all....updated pix of chassis and chassis mounted. Thanks for looking!

DCP_4156.jpg

DCP_4155.jpg

DCP_4154.jpg

DCP_4151.jpg

DCP_4144.jpg

DCP_4143.jpg

Jeff.... That chassis looks great under that body. Man she sure fits nice, great engineering skills my friend. I am excited to see more progress with this bad boy. the rear end looks to be coming along nice as well with the sneak peak of it in one of the pic.

Jeff.... That chassis looks great under that body. Man she sure fits nice, great engineering skills my friend. I am excited to see more progress with this bad boy. the rear end looks to be coming along nice as well with the sneak peak of it in one of the pic.

Thanks for the comment guys, I appreciate it.

Chris....Thanks for the comments on the rear end, I don't think I'll be using that one for this car though. It is for the C5-R Vette, so I'll probably scratch a new one based off those dims. I may go ahead and 3D model a new one and go from there, I do have some suspension and running gear planned for this week, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the comment guys, I appreciate it.

Chris....Thanks for the comments on the rear end, I don't think I'll be using that one for this car though. It is for the C5-R Vette, so I'll probably scratch a new one based off those dims. I may go ahead and 3D model a new one and go from there, I do have some suspension and running gear planned for this week, we'll see how it goes.

Very Cool Jeff... Gotta love being able to model it in 3D to give you an idea of what you want. Post a pic of the 3D model when you get it done. I am currently trying to finish modeling the hubs for the rear brakes and calipers for my funny car build as well as to start modeling some Blower pulley's. Keep the pics coming and look forward to more progress on this guy.

:blink:

only just seen this thread... and what a skillfull, meticulous build.

Framework looks very inmpressive..

Love the surface ground tooling plate as inspectiuon surface. :lol:

This is an absolutely fantastic build, Jeff. Everything about it is better than first-class. It's tons of fun to check in every couple days and see the progress you've made. I might add, too, that your photography lends a lot to the work you're doing on your Provelle.

Edited by futurattraction

Jeff,you've inspired me that any build is possible! With some Hard work and patience and a whole lot of sheet plastic and good reference. Love your work and it's the most awesome subject to date. I, eagerly await your next post and the completion of this build-Great Job-Thanks for sharing!!! ;)

Guys, I sincerely appreciate the comments. Although I don't have too many physical updates ready yet, I have been at it designing some of the rear end assembly, still have a bit more to do to finish including all 4-link parts. I've included some images of the 3D models to show the progress so far. First image is the 3D solid assembly model and others are that same model, only photo-rendered in different materials and finishes. I have some pretty decent software for rendering 3D models, which allows me to pick the materials/colors for each part in the assembly. This will be a great color coordinating tool when it comes time to paint.

The center section on this 3D model is for dimensions only. I will more than likely design a second center section based on these dims, but modeled as seperate, flat parts (resembling laser-cut sheet metal) that will be glued together to form the center section shape.

I hope you enjoy! Thanks for looking!

RE1-Assy.jpg

RE1-Assy1.jpg

RE1-Assy2.jpg

RE1-Assy4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Scott......I have been following this build since you started.........I am so impressed by your skills.......you have shown us some fantastic work........I admire the time you take to make things right.........this build you are doing will be one of those models that will be........ what they call "Over the Top".........thank you for sharing this great build.

Edited by John Teresi

• 2 months later...