Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Shops Orlando?

One more for Colonial Photo and Hobby, as I have spent MANY hours and dollars in that store. There is a shop located on the south side of Lake Nona I believe (I will look it up tonight and give you exact area). Also, I do not know if he is still in business, but there was a hobby shop on the west side of Kissimmee on 1-92 (just as you pass the old Osceola Square Mall on the right side going west out of town) called JR Hobbies....he used to be well stocked and fair priced.

When someone says their coming to Orlando, I think of the attractions. If that's the case, you'll be on the south end near Kissimmee. I'm on the far outer reaches of the north side just off I-4 and don't go to the other world on the south end. Therefore, I don't know any hobby related thing down there. The last time I was in Bob's was about a year and a half ago. It used to be good a few years ago before he moves. The model, paint and Evergreen stock s limited. By the way, If you decide to go there you'll need to know that the sign outside says Flightline Hobbies. Big on rc. I have been to Colonial Photo and Hobby within the last month, There model selection is so so but, because of the railroad section, there is a fairly good selection of paint and Evergreen. Also, there is a good selection of tools, etc. and, believe it or not, in the show case on the back wall, almost undetectable because of rc cars stacked on the top of the case,are after market parts from Model Car Garage and others as well as wheels. The new Hobby Lobby just opened further to the east on East Colonial. I haven,t been there yet. If I want anything besides models, I go to Colonial Photo and Hobby. If I wanted a model, I'd go to the Hobby Town located in the Seminole Town Center on SR 46 and I-4. There are a few other small shops, but they are totally or mostly rc. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for the replies! It's great t know that there are some good places to buy model kits. I must save some money to the vacation! I'm coming there in winter 2011, but there may be little warmer than here, it's freezing in outside... :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

I have been watching these from Google... Colonial Photo & Hobby and JR Hobby are places, where I'll go, if I can. The shop near Daytona is maybe one place too, not sure yet, if I have any time for it... Rest of these are little too far. Hope I find some interesting kits, and quite cheap also. Thank you for the answers, if theree is still more, you can tell me... :D

• 5 weeks later...

Now I'm back in the business! JR Hobbies was closed, and there was a text that JR is retired and no one knows, is there coming a new shop with other owner or not. But I got time to check that Hobby Lobby just next to the Daytona Speedway, where I was watching free practise or something like that in Daytona Speedway Tour. In Hobby Lobby, there were much models, and they were CHEAP! I bought Kenworth, made by Revell and '65 Stepside. Total price was 35,02$. I got 30% off from the price, but anyways, that's not much, one new Revell's Special Edition costs 30 euros here in Finland. I also visited in Daytona Racing Souvenirs& Hobbies. I was amazed, how much there were models. I bought Jeff Gordon's Monte Carlo and some NASCAR tires, from the 60's and 70's. Also some wheels to them. Good place, and now I have three kits more. I bought also two tweezers from Flea Market, where my other family wanted to visit. B)

THANK YOU, GUYS FOR THE INFO!!!

Well, actually I'm right now in Finland, I came back just yesterday! I had a marvellous vacation! It was very nice weather, so warm and no raining! Food was awesome, specially the breakfast in Ihop! B) Hope to get there again, Kissimmee Old Town Cruising was also very nice, that much cars in the winter!