Model Cars Magazine Forum

1915 Center Door T Rat Rod

Chuck Most

Well, it's done. Not much else to say, I guess...

IMG_64341-vi.jpg

IMG_64331-vi.jpg

IMG_64351-vi.jpg

IMG_64361-vi.jpg

IMG_64371-vi.jpg

IMG_64381-vi.jpg

IMG_64391-vi.jpg

IMG_64401-vi.jpg

And here's the drawing I started with as a guide...

IMG_36021-vi.jpg

Considering the drawing wasn't done anything close to scale, I think it turned out pretty cool, and actually looks pretty close to the original idea.

Also- big fat props to all the guys who supplied parts for the buildup! :lol:

Well Done Mr. Most, Although I've never met you in person-this is the kind of thing I picture you driving in real life.... ;) Every time I look at it, there's some thing else to see. It did come out very close to your drawing but I'm glad that lavender color didn't work out on the model,my favorite is the trade mark next to your name on the drawing............ :D;)

Of all the work by you that I've seen so far... this is the best yet!

I love all the little things... the wrench pedals and door handles, the bullet holes, the steer horns, etc. Also love the sweep of the headers and how they relate to the intake stacks. It all works.

(except, of course, for the suspension!!) :D

10+... ;)

I've tried a couple of times to make a grenade shift knob and I've never been able to pull it off. How did you do this one? I've used sculpy and tried carving one from sprue but no luck. I really like this car.

Edited by samdiego

Chuck, That is a wild ride. Love the little details ... that Exit sign cracked me up. Now .... I'm not sure about that grenade shift knob .. I mean the pin is still in it but the car looks like the grenade has gone off at least once already. B)

AzTom

WILD!!! Looks cool, it's pretty wild looking rat rod, but that's just a good thing! Like that rust on it, looks real, door hinghes are looking good and the engine is looking great. That interior is cool too, like it. Build more these...

Chuck,

Just beautiful!! Look at all the time you save not having to polish the paint!! Just beautiful, I love it and I want one!! Inquiring minds want to know....well, a lot of stuff about your models, but will settle for the answer to "where you got the grenade?" Ka-boom!! Thanks for posting for us, can't wait to see how you top this one. B)

Mike

I've tried a couple of times to make a grenade shift knob and I've never been able to pull it off. How did you do this one? I've used sculpy and tried carving one from sprue but no luck. I really like this car.

The actual grenade is from a Gangbuster '28 Lincoln kit, but I am working on a method to make a grenade shift knob. Stay tuned!

• 4 weeks later...