Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Charger from Movie Bullitt

TheCat

Here's my 68 Charger from the Movie Bullitt. I did allot of research and watched the movie a couple of times to get it as close to the movies Charger. The only thing that is not accurate to the films Charger is the wheels. In the movie it had wheel caps, but everything else is spot on. I even scratched built the current license plates (with the correct numbers) and antenna. I even hand painted the white walls on the tires. That was a pain to do :D

I won Third place on a local contest, the theme was "Paint it Black". Some of the Judges had to take a double look to make sure that it was not the diecast kit. :blink:

Kit: Revell 68 Charger

Photo Background: San Francisco

68-Charger_Bullitt-00-m.JPG

68-Charger_Bullitt-01-m.JPG

68-Charger_Bullitt-04-m.JPG

68-Charger_Bullitt-05-m.JPG

68-Charger_Bullitt-06-m.JPG

68-Charger_Bullitt-02-m.JPG

Ohh darn it! I was thinking about doing a Bullit Charger myself, Problem is finding the right Hubs B) . Not to mention I have just watched this movie not too long ago, one of the best chase scenes straigth out of the 1960's :lol: , Still though Excellent job on that! I think you have just motivated me to build one for myself, and if the judges had to take a second look, Wow! I would definitely like to see your collection in real life one day :lol:. You should do a Tips, or How to on scratch building the Antennas! Hands down this is the most Awesome Charger!

Ohh darn it! I was thinking about doing a Bullit Charger myself, Problem is finding the right Hubs :unsure: . Not to mention I have just watched this movie not too long ago, one of the best chase scenes straigth out of the 1960's ;) , Still though Excellent job on that! I think you have just motivated me to build one for myself, and if the judges had to take a second look, Wow! I would definitely like to see your collection in real life one day ;). You should do a Tips, or How to on scratch building the Antennas! Hands down this is the most Awesome Charger!

David, That's not a bad idea. I may just do that. Do a How to Tip on scratch building an Antenna. ;)

Ohh darn it! I was thinking about doing a Bullit Charger myself, Problem is finding the right Hubs :D . Not to mention I have just watched this movie not too long ago, one of the best chase scenes straigth out of the 1960's :lol: , Still though Excellent job on that! I think you have just motivated me to build one for myself, and if the judges had to take a second look, Wow! I would definitely like to see your collection in real life one day :P. You should do a Tips, or How to on scratch building the Antennas! Hands down this is the most Awesome Charger!

Doesn't everyone have the NEW HEMI Dart? use the wheel covers out of that kit! They look close to me! ;)

Just right buid . The background is excellent . Modelhaus has these wheel covers . The '68 & '69 Darts have these wheelcovers . Just do a search for Dodges of the day to find the correct colors and where to put them . Black circle with red centers or red circles with black centers . I don't remember which . My '69 Charger SE and my friend's '69 Dart GT have the same identical wheel covere . The dog dish are 'Hub Caps' . Covering the whole wheel , "Wheel Covers" . Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

the code 584 is the wheelcover that was on the Bullitt Charger. the code 587 is the wheelcover that is in the Revell '68-'69 Dart kits as well as thier diecast Bullitt '68 Charger, it is different and not correct for the Bullitt car. i'm not aware of Modelhaus having the 584 wheelcovers. you can paint the Dart wheelcovers to look similar to the 584's but the design is not the same.

I just found out from spencer1984.com, that a Bullit '68 Charger kit exists but is old stock (Sorry no kit number is given), also from the looks of it the body already comes prepainted and from what I can tell even the Wheelcovers on that are not that accurate but close enough, I may just end up buying the kit.

• 4 weeks later...