Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Look! New Project - Revells "The Hawaiian"

Seeing some fine builds of the CTH here and hearing all the talk of moving wheel wells, opening wheel wells, transfusing wheel wells from one kit to another, not to mention all the bellyaching about how inaccurate the sides are, do you really think anyone will notice? Do you think anyone will notice if you don't tell them:P

• 4 weeks later...

Does the kit have the correct tin work, or not? From the box art...it's not correct.

It is correct for the car that the model is based on, It sits in a private museum in norhtern Illinois. The actual race car did have tin over the injector.

tb

Hi Everyone - I have a question about the resent release of the Hawaiian FC - In the instructions it staes to cut out the rear wheel wells and by the box art it appears to be so - However, the decales sheet are rounded in form and would cause a application issue - So, did the real car have rounded wheel wells or squared off ones? - I don't recall every seeing the car race and have looked at several hot rod mags but was unable to find a real photo of this car - Any help would be great - Thank you in advance - Joe

• 2 months later...

If anyone here has this kit and would be willing to take and post a picture or two of the rear wheels and slicks included with this kit, I sure would appreciate it.

I noticed the Chi-Town Hustler kit has M&H markings for the tires, which I assume are decals? I don't recall if the Hawaiian kit includes any tire marking at all, though.