Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

New here! Was wondering if I could get in on this. I really like what you guys are doing. I know building has already started and I'm behind but still would like to join in. Here's a pic of the kit I want to use. I have started and painted the chassis and engine. I want to strip them and redo them any way if this is cool? Also my plan is to make this a roll back. Let me know if this is cool!!!

DSC09472-vi.jpg

DSC09473-vi.jpg

New here! Was wondering if I could get in on this. I really like what you guys are doing. I know building has already started and I'm behind but still would like to join in. Here's a pic of the kit I want to use. I have started and painted the chassis and engine. I want to strip them and redo them any way if this is cool? Also my plan is to make this a roll back. Let me know if this is cool!!!

DSC09472-vi.jpg

DSC09473-vi.jpg

Welcome Bill, and of course you can join up, there are plenty of spaces to fill at the MCM Truck Stop! B) I want to see a lot of pics for your rollback conversion, I have a cab and chassis of one of these I was going to do the same thing on! B) I will add you to the list.

Also, is there a due date set for when these have to be completed?

There is a due date, but it is not until Dec. 31, 2011, so you have plenty of time. :lol:

Whew, winter toys finally ready to go! I'm ready to start if you'll still have me! You guys have been busy, some awesome builds going on here!

Thanks,

Rick

Sure thing Rick, just let me know what you're building and post the pic of what you will be starting with and I'll put it in the list. :lol:

Well, considering that the finish date is Dec., 2011 I think I can do this AND complete the Fox-body build AND the JWAC... (The T-Bird is almost finished and I've got the parts collected for the '29 Phaeton...) This would be a good excuse to build the T600A that I picked up at a swap meet last month. I could build an AMT tanker trailer to go with it. I haven't seen a built T-600 in a while, I think it would be a neat combo. I could leave the high fairing off of the sleeper since it's not pulling a 13'6" van. Maybe dress it down by removing or shortening the tank fairings. They had a tendency to get beat-up after a while...

As soon as I can replace my lost digital camera, I'll post pics of both kits...

---Old-Hermit, I love the Hot-Shot your building! That's gonna be real sharp. I was messing around with some mockups about two weeks ago and came up with the idea of using a spare W900 Aerodyne sleeper with that same F-350 kit. This was before I saw yours. I'll say it again, "Great minds DO think alike!" I'm looking forward to seeing yours finished.

Edited by Wagoneer81

That looks great, bigern26! Good job.

But I think there's a penalty for getting done so soon!! LOL. :P

:huh:

Thanks all, Oh and I am far from finished, I still have to find a trailer, rims, tires and a few other accesories.

I might start another soon..............I am thinking Snow plow!!

Welcome Bill, and of course you can join up, there are plenty of spaces to fill at the MCM Truck Stop! ;) I want to see a lot of pics for your rollback conversion, I have a cab and chassis of one of these I was going to do the same thing on! :unsure: I will add you to the list.

There is a due date, but it is not until Dec. 31, 2011, so you have plenty of time. :)

Awesome! Its in the strip tank now. Will post pics later.

That's funny, I have stuff getting ready to come out of the strip tank! ;) I just wanted to let everyone know, too, if I don't answer a post quickly in the next day or so, I'm on a mad thrash to finish this beast for the CBP it's in on another forum.

HPIM2862.jpg

Unfortunately, it will not be finished as I would like it to be before the deadline tomorrow, I'm just not going to rush it and mess it up finishing little final details like "chicken" lights, but it will be finished enough to compete in the CBP! Who knows, I might just do a slight rebuild on it for this build, but I'll have to change engines so I can follow my own rule of being road legal! :lol:

For those of you taking part in this build that have been following the WIP of my Ford, you guys are the lucky ones who actually find out the super secret power plant I'm going to the bench right now to stuff under the hood of this beast, because I'm not even announcing it in the WIP until later. Under the hood of this beast will live an Allison V12 aircraft engine! :lol:

That's funny, I have stuff getting ready to come out of the strip tank! ;) I just wanted to let everyone know, too, if I don't answer a post quickly in the next day or so, I'm on a mad thrash to finish this beast for the CBP it's in on another forum.

HPIM2862.jpg

Unfortunately, it will not be finished as I would like it to be before the deadline tomorrow, I'm just not going to rush it and mess it up finishing little final details like "chicken" lights, but it will be finished enough to compete in the CBP! Who knows, I might just do a slight rebuild on it for this build, but I'll have to change engines so I can follow my own rule of being road legal! :lol:

For those of you taking part in this build that have been following the WIP of my Ford, you guys are the lucky ones who actually find out the super secret power plant I'm going to the bench right now to stuff under the hood of this beast, because I'm not even announcing it in the WIP until later. Under the hood of this beast will live an Allison V12 aircraft engine! :lol:

Now we know why there are so many fuel tankscool.gif

:P When I first saw the deadline I didn't notice 2011. All I saw was Dec.31. B) Then when you posted thats plenty of time I thought, dang these guys build fast! Good to know I have some time now. I really want this project to turn out good. I've been wanting to build this for some time now and this community build just lit the fuse under my rear.

Good luck with your build and show!! B)

Well everyone, the Ford did not get finished for it's CBP, the Allison was just too much engine and would not fit without major modification. Since that build is finished as of this evening, I just don't have time to make the major mods I have to make. :( It would need major cab mount mods, and I'm not messing up the frame (or it's $20 paint job!) to do it.

HPIM2889.jpg

Anyway, I might be making modeling history being the first to start a rebuild before the first build was even finished! :lol: HMMMMM, I wonder if the boss of this CBP would let me enter it here, just with a normal road truck engine in it!?!? :unsure::blink::rolleyes: