Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 satellite painted

montelsc

what did you make the hub caps out of? did you turn them? got any close up pics?

they are the hubcaps from the 70 bonneville kit they werent made right they dont have any lines on them and they dont say pmd in the middle. i also made black dots on the outside edge to make it look like the 71 satellite hubcap

they make a very close match :)

Root Beer Brown or Turbine Bronze with a black vynil top/interior would be cool.

Im looking at a picture from the internet for detail and its bronze i do like the color i dont use model car paint i use real car paint so i have to try and find a match :unsure:

GY9 Tawny Gold seems to "fit" these cars- maybe a black canopy top and light gold interior

i originally wanted blue because i had a real 73 4dr and it was police car blue that was when ny was changeing the police cars from green and white to blue and white :unsure:

i originally wanted blue because i had a real 73 4dr and it was police car blue that was when ny was changeing the police cars from green and white to blue and white :unsure:

Since you like real paint, paint it B5 Basin Street/Petty Blue then. Ones the Dodge name and of course the other is the Plymouth name same color and number either way.

'71-'73 B5 blue is actually a fairly bright metallic hue- a bit darker than the earlier B5

TB3 Basin Street(Plymouth)/ Super Blue (Dodge) or informally "Petty" blue- became an option on the '72's- I've been planning on building the Satellite coupe/ Road Runner duo from the print ad

As the 70s progressed Mopar colors seemed to get blander and blander

No need to use an accurate factory color- paint it how you like

72rr-ad.jpg

Edited by ChrisPflug

Chrysler's recent Flame Red that you can easily obtain as spray paint at an auto parts store, is in the neighborhood of the red that was being used. There are also a couple of very dark greens in both Plasti-Kote and Dupli-Color's line that are close to the Chrysler dark greens of that vintage.

Dark green with the gold/saddle interior would be a sharp combination.

Or you could order from MCW or ScaleFinishes and get whatever color you like. The one catch is you need an airbrush.

Charlie Larkin

'71-'73 B5 blue is actually a fairly bright metallic hue- a bit darker than the earlier B5

TB3 Basin Street(Plymouth)/ Super Blue (Dodge) or informally "Petty" blue- became an option on the '72's- I've been planning on building the Satellite coupe/ Road Runner duo from the print ad

As the 70s progressed Mopar colors seemed to get blander and blander

No need to use an accurate factory color- paint it how you like

thats very close to the blue on my old satellite.

72rr-ad.jpg

Chrysler's recent Flame Red that you can easily obtain as spray paint at an auto parts store, is in the neighborhood of the red that was being used. There are also a couple of very dark greens in both Plasti-Kote and Dupli-Color's line that are close to the Chrysler dark greens of that vintage.

Dark green with the gold/saddle interior would be a sharp combination.

Or you could order from MCW or ScaleFinishes and get whatever color you like. The one catch is you need an airbrush.

Hey charlie i painted it this afternoon i liked the bronze the chrysler color i got is garnet it looks very close to the bronze im impressed with the way it came out. posting a pic soon.... ;)

Charlie Larkin