Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hurst Olds

Darren B

thank you all for all your complements, its actually the first muscle car I have ever built and only did it for a contest and it won first place out of 21 other cars. You have to build this kit, it just fell together on the building side. Not one problem putting it together, and the lettering on the hose comes with the decal sheet with the kit, i highly recommend this kit if your into old muscle cars.

Edited by Darren B

Beautiful work,I really like how you slightly weathed the engine bay,did you drybrush or use chalks ? very very realistic..Todd

I did dry brush the fender wells and most of everything else with just a light grey and for the hoses I used some weathering chalks fro Doc Obriens from Micro Mark.

A piece of advice- NEVER build for contests! It sucks all the fun out of it! At least it would for me.

That aside, love the model! B)

I know what you mean about that, the body took three dunks in brake fluid as I had so much problems with it, and that was just a start. I usually don't build for contest because of that fact but this one had a cool prize with winning.

That's nice! That paintjob looks awesome and it looks very realistic. Engine detailing looks very cool, there are lots of very nice details. Interior looks very good also, that Hot Rod magazine is perfect detail to there. Awesome, this is one "must have" kit.

That's nice! That paintjob looks awesome and it looks very realistic. Engine detailing looks very cool, there are lots of very nice details. Interior looks very good also, that Hot Rod magazine is perfect detail to there. Awesome, this is one "must have" kit.

Thank you, yes the kit is really a great kit, i want to get a few more because it really just fell together, most kits are a fight at the end especially to get the body on the bottom half but even on this one was no trouble at all. I highly recommend this kit!!! Nice build ill make a lowrider out of one of the kits.

Very, very, nice :D

thank you

Great looking Olds.

Paint and Engine looks Great.

Nice base, Sandstone?

Thank you. Actually i think its flag stone, by my pond out by the front door.