Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Forum welcomes Doug Whyte!!! Whoo, hoo!

Gregg, read the forum rules again. If you register using a "Handle" then you need your full name in the signature block. But if you register with your full name, nothing need appear in the sig text box. We simply want to know who everyone is.... except, of course..... "The Underground Modeler"!

:roll:

I'm in Bethlehem - about twenty miles southwest of Winsted and about twenty-five miles southeast of Lime Rock. We moved here two years ago from Redding (CT). I also moved my photo studio here from NYC. No more commuting into the city - the digital age is great.

Thomas - Now that Ice House Hobbies is gone where do you go for modeling supplies?

Doug

I either go to the Hobbytown in New Milford or get my stuff online from Kevin at Strada Sports. I miss the Ice House, but I talked to Howard a few weeks ago, and he's still thinking of ways to open another shop in Danbury somehow......if he can get his butt out of Florida! :lol:

Guest zebm1

Why leave Flawduh for winter snow shoveling intsead of bikini watching, huh? Even when it's cold down here, they still wiggle as they walk, not covered in so many furs thet yu kinda wunder....is thet a girl or a boy?

:twisted: Zeb

Thanks Mark, I'm glad you were inspired by that series of articles. I have a similar story. Back in the '80s I got back into modeling after a twelve year hiatus. I found several copies of SAE in an automotive book store in NYC. Bill Coulter's writings in those magazines singled handedly inspired me to get back into modeling. He is now a friend and still a great inspiration.

Thanks again to all for the welcome.

Doug

Gregg, read the forum rules again. If you register using a "Handle" then you need your full name in the signature block. But if you register with your full name, nothing need appear in the sig text box. We simply want to know who everyone is.... except, of course..... "The Underground Modeler"!

:roll:

I know that , I was being funny. My humor sucks. :cry: