Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

Sounds good. Start shooting paint. Will it be SHINY :) :) :) or one of those drab kind of paint jobs?

Thats what i am struggling with glossy would bring out the patterns but a vehicle from hell would have most of the paint scorched, thatis the biggest delimia flat or glossy? shooting for the most realism.

Edited by Darren B

Made some changes to the ride, shaved off headlights will use the headlights from the monster koach. Adding the casket body from grandpas dragster as a coffin trailer, will hinge it with full interior. And added to the tailights.............

DSCN3882.jpg

DSCN3883.jpg

DSCN3880.jpg

Edited by Darren B

Dr.Cranky, yeah they are pretty big, more like 1/12th + scale, but some of the skulls on the truck are as small as 1/48th, its hard to find proper scale skulls, i liked the detail on them. I was thinking they could have been giant skulls brought back from hell centuries ago, may add some smaller ones if I can find them. They are huge thou.

0125121256a.jpg

0125121257.jpg

0125121257a.jpg

made hinges for the lid of the coffin, i tried to make them like the hinges on the doors to the pickup but they didnt work so just went with a simple hinge, the long wires will be cut down when its painted and ready to go the extra length make it easier to work with right now.