Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

I was wondering what happened to this one... This thing is absolutely phenomenal!!! I can't wait to see some more progress, keep it coming Darren...

Thank you Rob, trying to keep my focus on this build....

This sooooo sick. Keep it up!

Thank you Rick.

I wanted to figure out what would look good for the stone, and i played around with some colors but a wash with flat black and a dry brushing of light grey gave this effect, for the sake of spending to much time on trying other colors and techniques im gonna go with this for the concrete/stone look.

DSCN3605.jpg

DSCN3606.jpg

DSCN3607.jpg

Now Im thinking to contrast all the grey it will have to be a burgundy or blood red paint job, so getting on with the stone work is pushing me to finalize a paint scheme now.....

Edited by Darren B

Darren, missed the club the last couple months and just now found the thread. Updates look great bit had 2 small suggestions.

1. Use a few of those bones around the outside edge of the bed and wrap them in barbed wire. The stake truck idea would really pop and besides you gotta protect the rats!

2. Once its a show truck that would never see the road I think redded out headlights would look very evil.

Keep up the great work.

What else can be said about this build that hasnt already been said. Inspiring!!! I am sure that everyone that is keeping up with your build is coming up with new ideas themselves, Thanks Darren for this build and getting use of a few more of my brian cells as i try and think up a new project!!!

Thank you for all your thoughts ideas and comments its what keeps me going. some updates, painting the little miniatures and i should have left a lot of them off of the stone work for easier painting well for the next major build ill know better, its hard to paint them without getting paint on the stone.

DSCN3641.jpg

DSCN3629.jpg

DSCN3640.jpg

Edited by Darren B

With deep regret I am writing this to inform all my followers that for the time being I have to give up building, something has come up that due to my other obligations I must quit. Hopefully some day i can return but just not sure when that will be. In fact will have to let all my stash, tools and everything else go as well. Thank you for the camaraderie, all the help you all have given me and hope to be back some day..................

In fact will have to let all my stash, tools and everything else go as well.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. These sure have been a rough couple of years. However I want to say what a deep tragedy it would be to get rid of your tools and models you have worked on. Unstarted kits, you can replace. But the stuff you've started and put some effort into would be a serious loss. I don't know what your troubles are right now, but please try to find an alternative to losing these. Maybe there is a board member that lives near you with a litle extra space in his garage. Best of luck Darren.

Ok everyone, I want to thank everybody that has followed this build and has given me great encouragement, that means a great deal to me. So again thank you, my situation is not over by far but it seems manageable and as this hobby is so therapeutic to me I am going to need all of the therapeutic I can get so I need to keep at it as I really want to see this thing to the end, so enough of my personal ###### lets get back to it, I had some time to add the subwoofers to the bed and ill work on the amps soon also painted the wood slats and trying to get all the interior paint done so i can get to the paint on the exterior, now i painted the severed heads but let me be straight forward and let you know I am not a figure painter and suck at it but I think these look kinda ok but wont be the focal point of the enterior.

DSCN3703.jpg

DSCN3704.jpg

DSCN3705.jpg