Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

Will it be shiny?

I was first planning on it as I wanted the traditional candy red burgundy flake but now looking at the interior it may need to look more rat rod and go flat, not sure yet, i know i have to make a decision cause its really painting time now..........

Darren... This is looking really good and starting to take shape. Glad to hear that you didnt give your hobby up. Really have ebjoyed watchig this build cant wait to see what you have in store for paint and color.

Thanks Chris yeah im getting anxious to finally painting this thing cause after that it will be almost done. so now i have to come to a decision and come up with a color, or colors.....,

I was wondering what happened to this build, the first time I read this thread it scared the Poop outta me , had to turn off my laptop.... now I come back and you have the heads of the three stooges on the seat. what has this world come too? LOL! Great Job cant wait to see it done .

Again, outstanding. This thing is going to look so good once you get it painted. All the little details . . . hundreds of them . . . lots to look at! Keep it going.

You guys watching are what is keeping me going! and its gonna wiegh about 5 lbs when done!!

Edited by Darren B

• 4 weeks later...

no new updates, kinda burnt on the project, and working 60-65 hours a week keeps me away from any building right now. hopefully by 2012 will be back into this build just not sure, it was a very large project that became a monster build and just getting some distance to clear my mind on the build.

Thanks Virgil, I have actually thought up two other "themed" projects as well, one called mans ruin and triple xxx, so if I can get out of all my work some day and finish this one there are two more that will be in the works with all of the bells and whistles....

• 2 months later...

skulls.jpg

Was by hobby lobby today and came across these, they are very large for the scale but planning on putting them somewhere on the build. Hopefully with the holidays here and some extra time off of work I hope to get some more done to this one.

Edited by Darren B