Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

This is great stuff Darren!!!! Thanks to your thread I have been checking out the white metal stuff (trying to find that special hood ornament!)

Looking forward to more of this :):)

Randy

I am getting a love for them too on this build just very exspensive. Went back to the store today and get these03122_G.jpg

and found my bones so I wont have to sculpt them they look like these:03537_w_1.jpgthey look a little under scale and they had to order them, but if it saves me from hours of trying to sculpt them im fine with that. Then I will stop with the metal and get on the hydros and pumps, wiring so I can finish this thing.

Edited by Darren B

I am getting a love for them too on this build just very exspensive. Went back to the store today and get these03122_G.jpg

and found my bones so I wont have to sculpt them they look like these:03537_w_1.jpgthey look a little under scale and they had to order them, but if it saves me from hours of trying to sculpt them im fine with that. Then I will stop with the metal and get on the hydros and pumps, wiring so I can finish this thing.

wow! see that skull with the spine attached? what an awesome shift lever that would make, man I need some reapers kits!

wow! see that skull with the spine attached? what an awesome shift lever that would make, man I need some reapers kits!

I know that skull with the spine is pretty cool, but the expression on it reminds me of Homer Simpson for some reason....They are on order and the shop keep from the gamer store says probably be here saturday so as soon as I get them ill figure out where to put them.

Just a little update. Got the bone packs and althought they are bones they seem to scale out to at least 1/35th scale. I put a femur by a 1/35th scale soldier and it looks kinda close. DSCN2452.jpg

DSCN2454.jpg

Added a little more to the dashboard as well, its going to have some axes on the dashboard. DSCN2458.jpgDSCN2455.jpg

I am now done with the metal stuff now, just added up the total and spent $56.00,that added up fast before I realized what i bought on all the little metal things, I believe I can finally finish this thing, and its getting heavy from all of the little metal pieces. Next update probably will be in another week as its getting busy for me at work again. Going to concentrate on the pumps and batteries and getting the rear end fitted to the chassis. Also need to figure out what to do with the front axle.

Edited by Darren B

You've got EYEGORE salivatin' for more eye candy. Doctor Cranky says take your vitamins and keep it going. It's looking real good.

You've got EYEGORE salivatin' for more eye candy. Doctor Cranky says take your vitamins and keep it going. It's looking real good.

a little update. Finalized the dashboard and fitted to make sure it will fit with the larger door panels and its looking pretty good. Added what Dr.Cranky would call gizmology to the lower part of the dashboard as if its working device in a dungeon door or something.

DSCN2504.jpg

DSCN2510.jpg

DSCN2515.jpg

DSCN2514.jpg

Also decided that grim should have a back rest on his seat and some spikes around the seat base. So grim gets a back rest of barbed wire.

DSCN2511.jpg

DSCN2512.jpg

Edited by Darren B

Small update, thought I would carry over the interior theme to the bed cover.

DSCN2612.jpg

Added some more small details to the back of the interior and started to work out a headliner for the roof.

DSCN2613.jpg

DSCN2614.jpg

and my son had some bones from a lego set that I will be using for some nerf type bars in place of bumpers

wrapped in barb wire.

DSCN2617.jpg

DSCN2616.jpg

Edited by Darren B

When I originally saw this thread when you first started it I thought, "a Low Rider '41 P/U"??? Well Darren I must say, this is really looking AWESOME and is right up my alley with all the skulls and bones... Great work and the detail is beautiful... :blink:;)

More! More! More!

and MORE!

Please! You are killing EYEGORE with this one! :angry:

oh cool cranky i see you have a website that is totally wicked cool have to check that one out. and yes more is coming just not sure what is next thou.

One thing that i want to add for anyone working with this signfoam or balsa foam, please wear a respirator and a good one. It produces a lot of dust in the air and surrounding area on your workbench and if you breathe in this dust it will really mess with your lungs. I can tell I didnt use mine and im having some difficulty breathing, next time i will be more studious and use mine around this stuff. So for sure use a respirator!!!!!!!!!!!!