Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

I love just how wicked this thing is turning out. Fantastic build and all the little additions are brilliant! You may have stated earlier but do you have a color scheme picked out?

Thanks for the comment.

Evilone suggested candy red or brandy wine with some patterns done in gold and silver as your base, which is a pretty good idea since there will be a lot of bones laying around the bed and interior, and probably some blood, so something deep red or burgundy would look pretty cool and tie it all in.

WOW!!! Your going all out on this thing. The time, effort and definately the thought you've put into this thing and it's details are AWESOME!!! Quoting everyone else I cant wait to see MORE man... Thanks for sharing.

Ron

I like sharing because everyone on here keeps me motivated to finish this thing, other wise i would have probably burnt out long ago and the ideas that i get as well.

Well I couldn't leave it alone on the detail, went back to the gamer store today and got some more rats.

DSCN2671.jpg

Make em look like they want out of the bed....

DSCN2673.jpg

DSCN2672.jpg

and its time for a cleaning job of the shop this weekend as I have no more room to build........

DSCN2674.jpg

OH MAN, I love that last picture of the model in progress on the work bench. SWEET. You are making lots of great progress. I guess you have been taking your CRANKY VITAMINS! :lol:

Keep it going because this is going to be one of those WOWING-THE-CROWDS builds!

Darren,

Absolutely amazing! You've taken the Lowrider theme to the next level, and then some :lol: How do you stay focused?

When I see it, it reminds me of artwork from Heavy Metal Magazine...great stuff

I love the name Disco coined, Los Skull Bandoleros, it captures the Goth/Lowrider theme you've got going here..

Can't wait to see it painted B)

Cheers, Ian

No update yet, hopefully tonight I can get some work done to it. I stopped by the gamer store again and picked up another bone pack as I did not think i had enough for the build from the other two packs.DSCN2688.jpg

So that brings a grand total of $68.99 for all the tiny little metal pieces.

Oh yeah, buddy, that gamers stuff adds up quick. And we complain about how expensive model cars are, they are still reasonably cheap compared to a lot of the stuff from GAMES WORKSHOP and FORGE WORLD.

Isnt that the truth, i took the time to look at the boxed sets and even thou they have a bunch of figures and tanks or what not, a lot of them can go as high as $85.00. I dont want to get the bug for that hobby, not just yet, unless im lucky enough to win the lottery or a big scracther win.

I haven't been in here since the start and I/m blown over by where it's gone! Not only is the theme (a normal Cranky Day, or something) coming to fruit, the textures look fantastic to boot.

BTW, have you mentioned to the gamer store guy you just building a model car? <_<

I haven't been in here since the start and I/m blown over by where it's gone! Not only is the theme (a normal Cranky Day, or something) coming to fruit, the textures look fantastic to boot.

BTW, have you mentioned to the gamer store guy you just building a model car? :rolleyes:

Thank you for your comment. Yeah I did actually mention it to the gamer store guy, i told him i was using them on a model truck and that I would show it to him when it was done but he just kinda blew it off so i wont be showing him anything when its done and I found another gamer store that if i use the little gamer stuff on a build ill go to that store. They dont have a great selection however they can order anything i need.