Model Cars Magazine Forum

winter storm

where about are you ?

around here in michigan if we get 2 foot of snow overnight and i call in because of it my boss would laugh at me

i remember back home though, if we got a half an inch people wouldnt know what to do

funny thing, my dad said they had about a foot over the last week , that more snow then i have seen there in my entire youth put together

must be that global warming

That's not snow, that's ice. Yeah there's a dose of snow on the road, but I'm betting there's a 1/4 in or more of ice underneath of it. Anyone who deals with that in the winter knows that snow isn't slippery, heck the way to get up that hill would be to drive on the snow that hasn't been touched. Also not riding your brakes backwards in a total panic would be helpful as well... :lol:

Colorado Springs. That video actaully hit our local Denver news. Not as bad up here. It was colder, just as much snow but colder. That right around freezing snow is slippery here and they (the Springs) was just north of the freezing line.

But there's always a good side! Think of the work the local body shop(s) will have soon. Maybe they'll have to hire additional people too - more jobs.

your not kidding, maybe i should move up there because work sucks here right now :) hopefully it well start picking up here for the new year

your not kidding, maybe i should move up there because work sucks here right now :) hopefully it well start picking up here for the new year

we could use some more car modelers here in my city. ;)

CAL - we need to meet up some time. I venture out to Colpar and caboose hobbies every once in a while up there in Denver. if you want, you can PM me your cell number, and we can get in contact. up to you!

Note for the Video;

I think the white truck toward the end of the video would have made it to the stop lights if he didn't stop were he did.

Denver? I live in Casper Wy, so I am about 5 hours away from there, But I will have to go one day over the summer and check out the Hobby shops :) .

Note for the Video;

I think the white truck toward the end of the video would have made it to the stop lights if he didn't stop were he did.

Denver? I live in Casper Wy, so I am about 5 hours away from there, But I will have to go one day over the summer and check out the Hobby shops :lol: .

We have a couple of the best in the country.