Model Cars Magazine Forum

'39 Chevy humpback

Lyle Willits

Resin body from Time Machine Resin. Donor kit is the AMT Wagonrod. very nice body - good quality - almost no cleanup required. Oddly, there were no trunk lines scribed, so I scribed them myself.

I don't like the headlights buried low in the fenders in the Wagonrod, so I ground and sanded them away and sunk in '39 headlight buckets from a Monogram kit. Modified the Wagonrod hood and grafted in the louvers. Made possable steering. Using a big block Chevy with Bob Dudek valve covers.

IMG_8795-vi.jpg

IMG_8796-vi.jpg

IMG_8797-vi.jpg

IMG_8798-vi.jpg

IMG_8800-vi.jpg

That's a great looking build so far, Lyle. Did the interior panels come with it? Is it me or the pic - the dashboard looks very narrow but detailed real good.

Interior panels and dash are from the Wagonrod kit. The modified front and rear seats are from a later release of the AMT '57 Ford.

Looking good as usual, Lyle.

FYI to those unfamiliar with the Wagonrod kit, it has a custom hot rod chassis and suspension with air ride suspension at all 4 corners, as well as air compressor. I bought a few of these just for those parts.

Edited by Nate