Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lonestar test shot build-up #3

I had a third Test shot in sub-assemblies which I had used in photographing pieces for our instruction sheet. no sense in just letting the unpainted assemvblies lay there.... Sooooo I grabbed my airbrush and some Guards Red and Gloss Black paint...

This is the result - so far...I may get it finished by end of this week if i don't run out of ambition or other more pressing projects don't get in the way!

Thanks for looking...

Dave

http://dmetzner.smugmug.com/Trucks/LoneStar-3/15406316_QdjH4

Edited by Dave Metzner

I don't see it with a black cap. Fire trucks are supposed to be 100% red.

I agree 100% ... but since Dave has it adorned with black fenders, I thought the traditional Chicago black top over red body would set off the black fenders nicely. Just a slight tip of the hat to Dave's starting point.

B)

Danno, I like the black over red combo too. My town has an engine painted 'Chicago Style' and it's one of their sharpest looking trucks. B)

Dave Metzner, First, let me say that in my 37 years, 31 of which I have been a model builder, I have NEVER looked forward to the release of a new kit with the anticipation that I have with this new Lonestar. I build most everything, armor, aircraft, (yes I dabble in the dark arts... :D:D) warships, automotive and heavy commercial... Trumpeters new 1/200 USS Arizona hasn't 'moved me' as much as this kit and that ship holds a special place in my amatuer-historian heart.

I just want to reiterate what others have said and say "thank you" for Moebius' bold way of presenting new kits for display, review and the inevitable critique from the mock-up stage on through production. (I watched the Hudson Hornet thread with great interest) I'm excited and look forward to adding the Lonestar and the Hornet and many future Moebuis releases to my collection. Thank you, Dave, Art and all the others who have succeeded in raising the bar and keeping this the best hobby in the world! *This is me wishing for a 'thumbs-up' emoticon...*

Edited by Wagoneer81

I just want to reiterate what others have said and say "thank you" for Moebius' bold way of presenting new kits for display, review and the inevitable critique from the mock-up stage on through production. (I watched the Hudson Hornet thread with great interest) I'm excited and look forward to adding the Lonestar and the Hornet and many future Moebuis releases to my collection. Thank you, Dave, Art and all the others who have succeeded in raising the bar and keeping this the best hobby in the world! *This is me wishing for a 'thumbs-up' emoticon...*

Triple dittos!

B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...