Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who's got the most trophies?

Same here. Can you give some background on those little bits? I mean like what kit they came from? Especially that tiny little beer stein? I also recognize some but not all of them. Funny how you don't take much notice of such a small item in a kit but how interesting a collection of them can be?

Edited by Terry Sumner

The stein is leftover from the first release of the Beer Wagon. Two trophies in the back row are mine, the crankshaft topped with a metal miniature of the Monopoly car and the curled piece of brass from a photoetch fret stuck to a spaceship part (it's art . . .yes it is . . .yes it is . . .) I love accessories like these, it's like styrene dessert. The others are mostly mysterious, Revell's Merc trophy, second from right. I think 4 or 5 of them are from different releases of the AMT Merc. I thought it was funny that Revell included a trophy in theirs. The Guitar is from 4 pieces of styrene stock, filed to shape with old racing harness photoetch for the pickups and nut and bolt castings for the knobs. The giant one on the left is from a Speed Racer toy. I think my fave is the piston, 4th from the left. I did that one in the 80s. Please feel free to ID any others.

Edited by samdiego