Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Us Your Stash!

Just one caution to all of you. Be careful posting photos taken from cell phones on the web. I saw a news segment several months ago about bad guys being able to find the location of cell phone photos. Apparently the GPS location is stored as part of the data of the photo. Now, not that we would have a thief on this or any other site and who would want to steal a bunch of plastic, but I see a number of photos that show really nice tools in a work shop that are theft targets. Use a digital camera and you don't get the same problem. I had my shop broken into years ago and some of my models, RC stuff and tools stolen. It wasn't the dollar amount that bothered me because the insurance covered that. It was that someone got some of the tools I had from my father and some of my prize winning models taken. Stuff you just can't replace.

Just one caution to all of you. Be careful posting photos taken from cell phones on the web. I saw a news segment several months ago about bad guys being able to find the location of cell phone photos. Apparently the GPS location is stored as part of the data of the photo. Now, not that we would have a thief on this or any other site and who would want to steal a bunch of plastic, but I see a number of photos that show really nice tools in a work shop that are theft targets. Use a digital camera and you don't get the same problem. I had my shop broken into years ago and some of my models, RC stuff and tools stolen. It wasn't the dollar amount that bothered me because the insurance covered that. It was that someone got some of the tools I had from my father and some of my prize winning models taken. Stuff you just can't replace.

Very good advise. There is a way to turn that off on most phones. So, do your research before posting with your cell...or ipod/ipad, kindle, nook, or other tablet.

Other than i see a lot of people that need Help,,, I also see were your retirement is going too.. I myself, am already in mental

counseling..... model-holic is treat able,,, (( i want to buy a model ...) Its tuff,, havin your bank account closed to hobby shops,

ebay, and craft stores,,, ya see one,,next thing ya know,,you have six of the same car,,,,AAAHH i need more.......................

Thats when the guard dog and the bretta come into play ;-)

Chances are if you're inside a solid structure your GPS isn't going to activate on your cell phone (or your digital camera - mine has a GPS built in) because it can't contact the satellite system from within your house. Easiest way to check would be run your phone GPS Map program from your hobby room and see if can find your location.

Thats when the guard dog and the bretta come into play ;-)

My beagle, who raises a fuss when anyone comes to the door, slept through the whole thing. I have a .45, .38 and several large caliber shotguns and rifles. They don't do _____ if you aren't awake to man them. Also had the entire house alarmed except for the garage.