Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Chevelle 300 Deluxe

Greg Pugh

Oh Yeah, Greg, even in prime she's lookin good! The window frames came out perfect! Funny as how the SS option WAS available on the BASE Chevelle models too! Yer lil 300 is comin out GREAT!!!!:D:);)

Yes! you could get a L-89 aluminum headed 396 in the Sedan model. Awesome.

You are doing a great job on this. very nice conversion to a sedan. keep it up!

Brett, almost every built version of this car looks fine until you look at it's butt. The kit-supplied tailights are atrocious! I did find one that was pretty darn good and I asked the builder what he did back there. He said got his taillights from the Modelhaus so I did the same thing. They should be here anytime and I'll post pics when they show up. I'm hoping that I can get the same respectable results. I'll keep you posted so your Chevelle's hind-end looks good too!

Buh! its a race car :rolleyes: I've installed them and will mold them in and mask before I paint. There's a bit going on around that rearend now and once the chutes and chute lines are on, it will help detract attention away anyway (I hope lmao).

Wasn't sure if you were aware, so its cool you already knew, hate to see someone get there after paint is all.

The resin hood showed up so here's the next installment in "The Chevelle From Hell" series. :)

So as you can see, this baby needs some work. Good thing is, I was able acquire this through a trade with a member of this board and I'm into this hood for the great price of NOTHING! Here are the "before" pics. I'm going to work this baby over today. So here we go...

16-vi.jpg

17-vi.jpg

18-vi.jpg

Got the majority of the hood knocked into shape. I still have a few pinholes and some final sanding/priming to do but overall I'm happy with the way it's turning out. I had to add some styrene strips to the hood sides so it would gap out better than what it was.

19-vi.jpg

20-vi.jpg

Edited by gpugh1976

And we've got a powerplant ready to fire! I have to keep reminding myself to not kill myself on over-detailing this kit. This will never see a contest table. It will only sit on his shelf and he'll admire it through it's display case. I only added plug wires on the engine for this reason.

21-vi.jpg

22-vi.jpg

Got the majority of the hood knocked into shape. I still have a few pinholes and some final sanding/priming to do but overall I'm happy with the way it's turning out. I had to add some styrene strips to the hood sides so it would gap out better than what it was.

19-vi.jpg

20-vi.jpg

Hey That hood looks great, Where did you get that at? :P:lol:

Got an update. I was able to get 98% of the frame/engine/drivetrain stuff done. I also got the exhaust put on along with these exhaust tips I just picked up at NNL West last weekend. Check it out....can't you just hear the Flowmasters rap and rumble? B)

23-vi.jpg

24-vi.jpg